Stubborn case of Bumblefoot

Pics
Been wet with rain a lot here. I saw another White Leghorn with a swollen bottom foot pad. All the things I've read about bumblefoot says it is usually the heavy breeds with this issue but it is my light breeds usually. Anyway, picked her up and just touched the area and out squirted puss. I was able to get the plug out of each foot very easily with just squeezing. The feet were soft due to all the moisture on the ground/grass so that's when to clean their feet out and avoid having to soak them in a tub first. Wish all were that easy. This foot was no way near as bad/swollen as the other one but thankful this one was so easy.

@coach723
I have three drug stores, two grocery stores w/ a pharmacy, each w/ an extensive medical section. (Hmmm... Wonder what that says about my community. LOL!) I also have two farmstores. I'll hit up the stores this afternoon.

I was able to squeeze out two large chunks of hardened infection and pus this morning. Again, it came from the swollen area between his toes. I was able to squirt the silver sulf. cream, undiluted, into his foot so I'm hoping the cream will get further in.

@Betsy57
It's finally dried out enough here that I've been able to put Pickles outside. In his own pen, next to his rooster flock, so maybe when I put him in the coop after he's healed, it won't be such a hassle.

My faverolles, a heavy breed, have gotten in the worst. When it shows up in my Silkies it was because of a swallow injury. Like they stepped on a sharp rock. My first case was with a Silkie and it was so easy - took 10 days to clear up with just the silver sulf. cream. No foot soaks, no swelling, no pus. Just some cream and working the core out.

Back
Top Bottom