Stuck in the car with a coke and a duckling

@Everose @TOR I am so sorry for your losses. I am praying for peace and comfort. I also just lost a chicken today, a RIR named Ponyo. We tried treating her for over a week, even including tube feeding. We miss her so much, it was hard to watch her die. She all of a sudden did jerky, sudden movements, like a seizure. Anyway, hoping for peace.
Oops meant to love it not laugh at it😬🤭

Ooh we have a whole brooder full of silkies. Do they develope splayed legs sooner rather than later?
mine were hatched with the problem.. as far as i know it is when they hatch. Temp problem or vitamin deficiency.
My problem I think is the I am incubating large and small eggs. I am getting good hatch rates with large eggs but having poor results with the bantam eggs.
Last hatch had 2 with splayed legs and 1 with wry neck and splayed legs.
1 nurtured and the legs are pretty good now and is back into general population. 1 died today, but was looking pretty good.
The last getting better. but getting doubts.

mine were hatched with the problem.. as far as i know it is when they hatch. Temp problem or vitamin deficiency.
My problem I think is the I am incubating large and small eggs. I am getting good hatch rates with large eggs but having poor results with the bantam eggs.
Last hatch had 2 with splayed legs and 1 with wry neck and splayed legs.
1 nurtured and the legs are pretty good now and is back into general population. 1 died today, but was looking pretty good.
The last getting better. but getting doubts.
I haven't had much luck with bantams either. I hatched 25 silkies 1 died of splayed legs. Shortly after I put 6 keets in there being the same size what could go wrong. The next morning I wake up and see 21 dead chicks with 3 surviors.

Wow! Well we bought the silkies so that they would incubate:fl hopefully they don't have these issues.

I raise rabbits and unfortunately I have never been able to keep castaway babies alive (bottle feeding just doesn't work) it's been my experience that mothers know best, so I really want the silkies to do their thing😂

Wow! Well we bought the silkies so that they would incubate:fl hopefully they don't have these issues.

I raise rabbits and unfortunately I have never been able to keep castaway babies alive (bottle feeding just doesn't work) it's been my experience that mothers know best, so I really want the silkies to do their thing😂
Currently I have a Blue Copper Maran with curled toes and a slipped tendon his name is Sock so far hes doing well.

Back
Top Bottom