Stumped #1

BlackIce

Songster
Mar 29, 2018
We got two chickens last year from Tractor Supply and I picked out of two bins which I thought both were Easter Eggers. However, I know they aren’t best with labeling their bins and so I don’t believe these guys are Easter Eggers but I have absolutely no idea what they could be. Maybe just the cheeks, slate legs, and blue egg genes didn’t work out for them because they only lay brown eggs and have yellow legs and feet. They’re also giant chickens way bigger than the actual Easter Eggers we got with them which is making me guess they’re some type of meat breed... they tower over some of the roosters! I only have pictures of one right now because the other is going through a mulch but I’d like to see what you guys think... the second chicken that I don’t have a picture of looks very similar with similar markings but she’s a bit more golden with less of a concentration of markings (if that makes sense). Same size though... I also attached a picture of her as a chick.
B44EB41C-D993-47EB-B0EF-B2517530FBCC.jpeg
CE3DFE36-2942-496B-853F-3D1F71E47A97.png
69ACDAA1-B3F7-43A7-9B11-C39A47EF75C1.jpeg

I looked on hoovers site and the only thing i can guess is the rainbow breed, but that's not too specific of one from what I hear.
Hmmmm maybe. They both have a bit of barring underneath its hard to see it on the darker one. I was able to find a thread on here about rainbow chickens and found that they are crossbreeds so maybe the second one is part rhodebar. They are also a dual purpose breed which makes sense considering they are huge and lay pretty big eggs. Guess we'll never be 100% on these two😂

We got two chickens last year from Tractor Supply and I picked out of two bins which I thought both were Easter Eggers. However, I know they aren’t best with labeling their bins and so I don’t believe these guys are Easter Eggers but I have absolutely no idea what they could be. Maybe just the cheeks, slate legs, and blue egg genes didn’t work out for them because they only lay brown eggs and have yellow legs and feet. They’re also giant chickens way bigger than the actual Easter Eggers we got with them which is making me guess they’re some type of meat breed... they tower over some of the roosters! I only have pictures of one right now because the other is going through a mulch but I’d like to see what you guys think... the second chicken that I don’t have a picture of looks very similar with similar markings but she’s a bit more golden with less of a concentration of markings (if that makes sense). Same size though... I also attached a picture of her as a chick.View attachment 2068155View attachment 2068139View attachment 2068140
I have two babies about 6 weeks old that are beginning to look just like yours and they told me at TSC that mine were Easter Eggers..

Back
Top Bottom