stup*d Goats keep messing up my coops!!!!

1st_chicken

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 26, 2011
I share a farm with someone else, and their goats won't stop trespassing in my chicken coops!!!!
he.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

They spill the feed, and the grit.
he.gif

They steal the feed and the grit.
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

They spill the water and poop in the water left.
duc.gif
old.gif
old.gif
old.gif
old.gif
old.gif
old.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

They smash the eggs.
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

When i'm collecting eggs they attack me and smash them.
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
he.gif

And sheee doesn't want to listen.... When those goats are bothering me and i yell at them she's like, Your scaring them, be nice, Good goats....
sad.png
Grrrrrrrr

HOW DO I KEEP THEM AWAY??????

Last edited:
How do the goats get in the coop? Do you have an enclosed run? That's stupid that the lady won't fence in her own goats. But if she is so comfortable with letting her goats do that to your chicken coops, and getting on your property, she is irresponsible, or she feels that you don't really care. I would like for you to explain more on how the goats get in the coop, and how they get into your yard.

Quote:
There is one fenced field on the farm. She is supposed to keep her goats there.

I have four coops in different places on the farm. She constantly takes her goats on walks!!!!!!! Can you believe it?!???!!?!

They get loose often times and she just ignores it.

Or sometimes she lets them out so "They won't be cramped up".

But her fenced area is large (four acres) and she only has seven goats.

I have to leave the doors open for the chickens, and her goats can easily get in..
sad.png

Sorry to sound so winey.

our goats have goat in our coops before it sucks they will the 3 of them will eat 50lbs of chicken feed like nothing.last time they bulldozed into the chicken coop i gave them a good beaten an it seem to help.so you could try that.

People paint targets on dogs. Maybe do the same with the goats.That and give her an itemized list of what she owes you for feed/egg loss.Pay the bill,contain the goats,or it is target practise time. I would never shoot a goat,but it is a great motivator for some otherwise lazy but loving animal owners.

Many may cite *neighborly* relations as a consideration for being polite and not upsetting the woman. I get that,but on the other hand the woman has no problem sleeping at night while you stress daily over damage and feed/produce loss. She cares nothing for your needs,so if it were me(at this point) I would show the same right back at them.Goats from what I read need some really good fencing.It will not be cheap,but that is HER responsibility as an owner of these animals.

The lady deserves the stick more than the goats.Good luck dealing with this person.Be firm.You were nice already so imo it is time to step it up and be really harsh with her.

Got a paint ball gun? If you had to, you could also put up some electric wire with step in posts. The chickens could get through, but not the goats. I use it here. Good luck! Sure glad we have no neighbors for 20 miles!

Goats are expert escape artists, at least mine is. I only have 1 goat, who shares a run with my chickens. He would clean out the entire 30 lb feeder if I let him. I put shelves in the coop to hold my feeder so he can't get to them, and hang my waterer so he can't knock it over (I've never found goat poo in any of my waterers though). When you say you're sharing a farm with someone else, what exactly does that mean? Are you both renting houses on the same farm? Or does one of you simply board your animals there? Maybe if you explained to her that her loose goaties are a walking buffet to travelling predators (dogs, ect), maybe she would be more inclined to keep them penned. But, I think the easiest solution would be for you to pen her goats out. Either that, or tell her she needs to chip in for chicken feed the next time you buy some since you are also feeding her goats. I dunno. Good luck!

Quote:
There is one fenced field on the farm. She is supposed to keep her goats there.

I have four coops in different places on the farm. She constantly takes her goats on walks!!!!!!! Can you believe it?!???!!?!

They get loose often times and she just ignores it.

Or sometimes she lets them out so "They won't be cramped up".

But her fenced area is large (four acres) and she only has seven goats.

I have to leave the doors open for the chickens, and her goats can easily get in..
sad.png

Sorry to sound so winey.

Taking pet goats on walks isn't that unusual. It gives them a chance to browse on other food and whatnot, and bond with their human. But four acres is plenty of space for seven goats, she shouldn't let them run about without supervision, you know? Hot wire around the goat pasture should help, or reinforcing the existing fence. But the saying is, if you through water at a fence and it goes through, so will a goat.

Tough situation though. I'd personally be finding a way to reinforce my coop to let chickens out but keep goats from going in. But that is likely very difficult, giving how cunning and nimble most goats are.

Back
Top Bottom