Stupid JAW! Does anyone here suffer from TMJ or TMD?

Iheartchicks<3:)

Songster
9 Years
Aug 1, 2010
Mount Vernon, WA
My jaw keeps locking up when i eat but then it pops back immediately. It doesnt hurt but it scares me! I feel like i can eat
sad.png

My jaw has always popped when i opened it but this is too much! I think it might be tmj. I dont know.

sad.png

Last edited:
I don't know how common, but I used to have issues with TMJ before my wisdom teeth were out. Maybe it was the way I ate my food/talked/used my jaw to avoid the hurt of them? I dunno.

Do you still have your wisdoms/need them out? I had mine out within the past year (all four at the same time - two exposed & two impacted)

I have had it since i was a kid, have literally ground through 6 night guards...not the ones you can buy at the store, these hae been made by the orthodontist over the years, even made one extra thick on that side and i ground through it in less than a year. Went through physical therapy for years, never got any better, i catch myself grinding my teeth all the time only thing they can do for me is surgery and i like to eat too much to have my jaw broken. Wear the guards if they make one for you, they make you drool on yourself, but they do help with the pain. Good luck!

Quote:
So all i can do is wear the gaurds and that wont even help?

Im scared if i eat my jaw is going to break.

I need help, im bawling right now, because im scared and frustrated,
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom