stupid question

Yes, roosters can eat anything hens can eat since they're all chickens. The only thing about the layer pellets is that they contain calcium which roosters don't necessarily need. But it won't hurt anything.

If he is an adult then yes.

The only danger is when youngters who are still in that explosive growth stage eat layer, they can't rid themselves of the excess calcium fast enough and can end up with organ damage.

he is about 6 months old so i dont see him growing much more. Also is the layer pellets ok for ducks?

My two ducks have been eating layer pellets for about three years now and they walk like, quake like and swim like a duck so I guess they are still ducks
wink.png

The calcium will not hurt them.

My little remark was suppose to be a crack at a joke or my way of saying it wouldn't hurt them.

Like another said there is no such thing as a dumb question, cause if you don't ask you will not learn.

I hope you didn't take it as being sarcastic or mean or anything and if you did I definately didn't mean it that way.

na its cool. I decided to go with the flockraiser since I have ducks also and put a bowl of oyster shells out. Within 2 hours of putting the new food and oyster shell I got another egg.

Nice!

I mix 50/50 layer and meat bird feed because I have older hens, lots of roosters and two ducks.

I think they do better on the mix compared to just layer. Oyster shell free choice always of course.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom