Stupid TV!

embkm

Songster
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
Colbert, Ga
The stupid TV is driving me crazy! I never knew how many TV shows, commercials, video games, etc have birds chirping in the background until I put the chicks in the guest bathroom.

Now, every chirp has me running to check on the babies (who must think I'm nuts by now). Because if I can hear them 3 rooms away there must be a problem. It doesn't help that most of them can fly out of the tub/ brooder, but only half can get back in. Of course, after I run to check on them the commercial ends and I realize it was just the dumb tv. I asked DH to mute the tv at least a dozen times tonight until he snapped at me that it was just the video game!

I can't wait until Thursday when it should be warm enough for them to go to their outside brooder! Of course, I'll still worry about them.

i am my little chicks daddy and even i have this same problem. no matter where i go i think that i hear my little baby needing something but it turns out to be my imagination. even if there are no chickens on the tv or the video game or the radio or outside i still think that i am hearing him crying. its even nuts when he is nowhere near me and i still hear the sounds. am a just a great dad or am i going nuts?

I rarely watch tv. But DH does, and he plays video games. The kids have limited TV time too. I had to put the chicks in the bathroom tub as a brooder because I was weak at TSC and got too many chicks to fit in my dog cage brooder in the living room. Besides they've all grown too big to fit in there anyway. And they have to be behind closed doors because one of my dogs is a freak about the new little "squeak toys" that I won't let her have.

I just never realized how often I hear birds chirping until I put the chicks where I HAVE to listen for them instead of just looking in on them. I actually thought about digging out DD's old baby monitor to put in with them, until I realized I really would go nuts!

Tomorrow they will be going to the outside brooder. Now I will be listening to them on the back porch and worrying about them. I'm sure I'll be checking on them a dozen times tomorrow. I'll probably just sleep in the living room with the window open.

Yah my mom laughed at me as I went bolting upstairs saying "they never chirp like that unless somethings wrong!" Ofcourse they were only playing keep-away with a piece of pine shaving. My DH thinks I'm nuts, but tolerates me with a smile on his face. I set up a new brooder in another room today (they had to graduate out of their box!) and it hasn't made me any calmer :hmm

Back
Top Bottom