Submit Your Chicken Page For The Picture Of The Week (POW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

Once you get a rooster how long do you cage them so they won't run off?I got one for a pet and will cats attack him? The previous owner feed him dog food.help please

Last edited:
Once you get a rooster how long do you cage them so they won't run off?I got one for a pet and will cats attack him? The previous owner feed him dog food.help please
Probably not the right thread to get help in. I would start a new one or maybe look for your state thread. Is this rooster your first chicken? Do you have a coop or a place outside in a barn for him? You will want to keep him in there for about three days for him to get a sense of home. The cats might stalk him but depending on how tame they are, I doubt they would attack, our house cat is submissive to our hens. As for food, you will want to get your hands on a high protein grower, broiler or flock raiser feed.

these are my two week old chickens. Yellow is Wallace a rooster. And the two in the back pullets. brown one is Chloe. idk what to name the black one yet? any good ideas guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom