1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Submit Your Chicken Page For The Picture Of The Week (POW)

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Every week we'll be choosing from our member's "My Chickens" pages to be featured as a Picture Of The Week (POW) on the homepage of the site.

You can find it in the Learning Center here: My Chickens

In the page we want you to post at least one picture (more is better) of your chicken(s) and then some information about them, for example:

• Breeds
    • Ages
    • Where you got them
    • Favorite treats, funny stories, their personalities, what you love most about them, etc.

We'll choose a picture from some of the pages and feature it as the POW and then comment on your Chicken Page with a note that it has been featured with a link back to this thread (since everyone always wants to know how to get their chicken as a POW).

NOTE: If you want to boost the likelihood of your chicken pic being chosen for a POW, make sure your pictures are very clear, sharp, clean / nice backgrounds, etc.

We look forward to seeing your submissions!

[​IMG]

Here is the note posted in the comments section of each page that had a POW chosen:

Quote:
    Here is a list of the most recent Chicken Pictures Of The Week:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
  3. Nifty-Chicken

4. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Awesome! I have so many pics I could add to that profile... is there a limit of how many pictures I can add to it?

5. Nifty-Chicken

Hmmm.... I don't think so. Worth a try! ;)

6. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    I started on one, but I found there doesn't seem to be an easy way to place photos from my old uploads album into the page. I had to open two browser windows, one with the album and one with the edit window for "My Chickens". Then I'd right click the photo in the upload, select "copy image location" and go to "My Chickens" to the photo insert link, and paste the URL in there. Pretty awkward- is there a simpler method? (hmm, I could probably drag the image from the album to the page, I'll try that).

Edit to add: yes, I could open two windows, one with my album, one with my chicken page, and drag the image across.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  7. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Ok, just posted a few more pictures! LOL!
    Nice job to the 2 others who made pages!

1 person likes this.
  8. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

Is there a way to change the name of the "article" or whatever once it's made?

9. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
  10. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by