Sudden paralysis on 6 months old bantam Wyandotte

Drarig99

Songster
5 Years
Oct 21, 2017
Yesterday, I isolated two 6 months old bantam Wyandotte - a silver laced and a cuckoo. We're suspecting mycoplasmosis in my bigger coop, but everything was ok in my small coop where my bantam Wyandotte are. But those two were getting less active, weren't eating as much as the other ones and comb and wattle kinda yellow on the silver laced. They're also not getting as much weight as the other ones, been about 200gr less. Been afraid of secondary infection from mycoplasmosis (which I had in my bigger coop), I gave them Tylan, plus made them a warm meat with canned corn, liver, broiled yolk and oatmeal. The cuckoo loved it!

But this morning, I found her with both legs paralysed and breathing quickly. She also thirsty, but do not want to eat anything. Her condition is about the same tonight as this morning. Everything else seems fine (stools, eyes, no runny nose, ...).

I have no idea what caused this sudden paralysis on my pullet. Could it be a mycoplasmosis infection? A negative reaction to Tylan? Botulism from canned corn? Any ideas? Please help!

Could be Mareks, are they vaccinated for it? Otherwise botulism usually causes an all over paralysis from my understanding of it.

Finally, my pullet died.

Her crop was still full of barley, but she didn't eat any since Tuesday afternoon. Weird...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom