Suddenly overrun in eggs again!

Quote:
I've found that pullets coming into their first winter of laying lay well regardless. If they are going to slow down for winter, it usually doesn't happen until their second year. Just my experience.

Marans are the exception to that rule. My BCM's are in their first year of laying, and they up and quit laying over a month ago. Not molting, but not laying either.

I have got to get a picture of my light brahma today, she's lost almost all her feathers in her molt. She looks absolutely horrible, like she's been through the plucker.

I better run up to my coop and see if this egg surplus has hit me yet.

I have some older girls that did not read the parts about how long they are suppose to be good layers also. They are very dependable..............

gritsar
woot.gif
good problem to have... Read my ?RE-GIFTING? post... problem solved
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I am sorta re-gifting them. I send them to work with DH to give to the elderly folks that he knows of, that are living on a fixed income. We also have a neighbor that is always good to us, that got hit with over $300,000 in medical bills this past year. I'll probably not start selling again until spring.

Last edited:
Quote:
Similar here.
hmm.png
Nice to see that others are in overdrive though...
smile.png
Maybe that kind of thing is contagious through the internet and I can spread that kind of thought next time I'm out there (not that I haven't been encouraging...
wink.png
)

Quote:
I am sorta re-gifting them. I send them to work with DH to give to the elderly folks that he knows of, that are living on a fixed income. We also have a neighbor that is always good to us, that got hit with over $300,000 in medical bills this past year. I'll probably not start selling again until spring.

I think you are so nice to do that.....I love ppl. helping one another

Ok, I got to know...Is anyone using light on their chickens? Mine have totally stopped for about a month now...and I mean stopped..as in not a 1.

Back
Top Bottom