Suedelettes, 5 Weeks Old..(Now 8 Weeks Old! Post 8 new pic)

Blue only came after me once. A barn broom changed hims mind. But he would go after the kids in a heart beat. But then they would pull a "Cheyenne" and run away! LOL!

uh huh but she is not intimidated by him. hahahahaha

That was like Severus the day he went after Hera and then Cheyenne. I grabbed him and tossed him like a football. When he came back at HER I jumped between them and backed him down. Then Thor kicked his butt for "threatening mom". Poor guy got his butt tossed, smacked and whipped all in about 4 minutes. He is Mr. Nice when I am around
gig.gif

Well, you know what they say about dynamite and small packages Sarah? In Cetawin's case, I think we could take that one step further and say nitroglycerin!
gig.gif

I don't know what I would do if Chief and or Brutus were ever to turn on me. Be heart broken beyond belief first I'm sure. A lot would depend on the circumstances. If it became a chronic problem as it did with Griffin, then I'm sure I'd try to find a home where the personalities of the potential new owners more fitted with the mind set of either or both of the boys.

But kill them outright and [perish the thought] eat either of them? No, I'm pretty sure I could never do that. It would have to fall to Denny to do the dirty deed. I'd be crying too hard. I wouldn't be able to see their necks through all of the tears and would probably end up just chopping my own foot off!

But, why go looking for trouble when it usually finds me on its own soon enough? I'll just cherish every moment I have with my boys and continue to pray that they never go south in their minds. I lavish those two with hugs and cuddles every day. They especially love the attention in the evening as they're getting ready for bedtime. That's the quiet time of the day and both of my big boys seem to want a cuddle time moment or two with momma the most then. I love those times. And for those who have never held a sweet and loving roo in your lap, and shared a sunset with them.....well....ya just don't know what you're missing.
love.gif

I'm with you Beth. Before Griffin had come, I didn't really think that there was room for a roo in my flock, nor any great need. And even though he was no great shakes when it came to his attitude towards me, he was enough to awaken something in my heart. He almost fit into that missing piece of the puzzle picture that I and the girls didn't realize was missing until he came. After he left, that hole was there again, and the void was HUGE. Thankfully we had Brutus and Chief, young as they were, to fill in and complete that picture once again.

Now if I could just get off of my butt, get some good pictures of CB and Little Red, post them on Craig's List and find them new homes, all would be completely right in our world. Though I shall truly miss CB when he goes. He's such a little charmer. But three roos for 19 hens/pullets, is just a bit much. Oh how I wish I could keep all four boys! Each has their own redeeming points you know.
wink.png

LOL You guy are cracking me up...I cannot help it if I hate predators who wish to eat our feathered kids or being extremely protective of those I love and care about.

I just can never see myself standing around and watch a friend get hurt or an animal being tortured the way these critters torture them.

I know I could never eat one of my boys who turned bad...he would be put down and then buried. The same fate awaits Dutch if he does not find a new home. Stupid boy!

Any word on Dutch?
Any nibbles on Roosevelt?
After yesterday, Ultrasuede and Luke are my darlings and heroes. I had just gone in the house to post here and snatch a bite to eat, thinking Desiree was going to be all better. I heard them sounding the alarm, and raced outside to find them staring through the fence at Desiree's crate, where she had evidently just died. Those boys were letting me know!
Luke stayed with me while I buried her, and Ultrasuede herded all the girls into the corner of their run and kept them there while I dug and cried. Yup, I am now up there with you guys as far as roosters go-

Dutch is going home with lockedhearts, who also has his brother, Mace! The only catch is that someone who is buying the bulk of her Orp flock has to commit, then she'll be driving up this way anyhow. I told her that he may never be bad with her, but if so, just show him the crock pot. He'll be here a few more days till her deal is worked out and she is coming up to deliver the birds.

Had to put the three Dels back in with Isaac. They were beside themselves being alone in the Firetower, pacing and yelling all day. So, Dutch is in there and if those wenches start munching on Ike again, Dutch will have to go back into the cage.

No one has claimed Roosevelt, but it was so cute seeing him roosting beside his mama with all the other older ladies last night. Without the Dels in there, he's fine.

Beth, now you see why we love our roosters. I'm so sorry about Desiree, though.

Beth I am so so sorry about Desiree.
sad.png
But I am proud of your boys though. They understand so much that it amazes me.

Cyn, I am praying that this works out and she takes Dutch. I really hate to see him put down because he is such a good rooster...just not a good kid for you to have around.

Back
Top Bottom