Sugar water

toyzbox

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Crestview, Fl
How much sugar do you put in the water for them? I've searched but can't find it...
idunno.gif

Why are you giving them sugar water?

Healthy chicks don't need it. Fresh clean water is all they need along with chick crumbles.

Sugar water is a laxative effect in most cases and then you have to deal with pasty butt that can cause them to die.

WOW, I could have asked the question a bit clearer....sorry. I have some chicks that should be delivered today. I was told to give them water with some sugar in it to help them at first. Is that right???

If they have arrived within the normal 2 day time frame they should be in good shape. I would give them a quart of water mixed with 1tbsp raw apple cider vinegar for a boost instead of the sugar water.

Sugar water is used when they are lethargic and stressed. In general new chicks don't need it.

If they are chirping and peeping and active they don't need the sugar.

Thanks so much MissPrissy, I would have totally got that wrong.
This is day 2 so I'm guessing they will be fine.
Thanks again
frow.gif

Quote:
hi ! ! i just want to ask wants with the 1tbsp raw apple cider vinegar for new arrived chicks? ? ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agriculture Latest News and Updates

Last edited:
Raw, unfiltered, apple cider vinegar is a probiotic. It promotes good bacteria and helps get rid of bad bacteria. Take a tbsp daily for yourself. Good stuff. Same as yogurt, kefir and other fermented foods.

This is weird. I can't tell you how many times I've read to do that. I guess, looking back it was only if they were really lethargic and stressed like MISS PRISSY was saying

Back
Top Bottom