Suggestions for chicken breeds for kids?

Easter Eggers are generally pretty cold hardy and come in almost every color possible, and the possibility of different colored eggs should be appealing to a child. My friendliest chicken is an EE.

My EE were okay, they were actually my first ever chickens (we started with ducks here) i think i'd like to try a different breed this time round though. ty!

My silkies and polish are super friendly. I would highly recommend those.

Not to knowledgeable on Polish? Silkies we have had for many years, with a few still remaining but being they are straight run(or we could breed ours again) we don't want anymore Roosters, we are down to one now and would like it to stay that way. ;)

Yep, silkies we know have kept flocks for years... actually still have some but they are old lol Can't get them sexed and would prefer no more roo's. We only have one here and would like it remaining that way. BO, heard they were nice, Brahmas & D'uccles know nothing about either... off to look it up. ty!
You're welcome.

My experience is...
Chickens are nasty (step in poop and then their food and water)
and kids are nasty (pick boogers and always have fingers in nose and mouth). Hehe.

Docile breeds or not, they will trade germs. Just make sure the kids wash or sanitize their hands before and after handling chickens.

Back
Top Bottom