Suggestions on sex of my chickens

Michelle1101

Hatching
Dec 8, 2019
Hello all! I am new here to BackYard Chickens as an user but have been to the site many times to get information for various concerns/needs. I have always just purchased hen chicks and thought I would try my hand at hatching some, but now I have the impossible task of sexing them. I have 3 Lavender Orpingtons and 3 Svart Honas that I could use some suggestions on sex. I could only get a picture of one Lavender right now so I will post the other 2 maybe next weekend. Here goes:
My three Svart Honas are 2 months old (it maybe to soon to tell sex?):
Svart Hona 1 Head.jpg Svart Hona 1 Tail.jpg

Svart Hona 2 Head.jpg Svart Hona 2 Tail.jpg
Svart Hona 3 Head.jpg Svart Hona 3 Tail.jpg
SH all three (2).jpg all three together

My Lavender Orpingtons are 3 months old:

LO Head.jpg LO Tail (2).jpg

I want to say that they are all roosters but I would love to hear what the experts think!

If I need better pictures or something just let me know and thank you in advance for any feedback you can give!

Best,
Michelle

Your Orpington looks male. Number 1, it’s harder to tell. #2 looks more like a male only bc it looks like perhaps some saddle feathers but it is too early for those to show up, usually.
The svart Honas need some better pics in better light. From the side with them standing, may also need a good pic of comb and wattles. Those 2 pics in better light will help a lot.

Your Orpington looks male. Number 1, it’s harder to tell. #2 looks more like a male only bc it looks like perhaps some saddle feathers but it is too early for those to show up, usually.
The svart Honas need some better pics in better light. From the side with them standing, may also need a good pic of comb and wattles. Those 2 pics in better light will help a lot.
Thanks! I thought the pictures would be an issue. I will try to take better pictures next weekend and post them.

Back
Top Bottom