Suitable B12 supplement for the gang?

CarolMck

Chirping
Apr 23, 2021
Hi all!

Hope everyone is well.

Our Muscovy lass has been a bit under the weather- currently going through a hard molt and seemingly displaying broody behaviour (squealing at us when we approach, fluffing up etc). She has also however started shaking her head side to side today which I think could be a range of problems such as mites/infection but as a starting point I thought a vitamin boost wouldn’t go a miss while we clean the coop out and douse it in DE.

I do have some vitamin b12 complex but I think there’s some added bits so just unsure as to whether it would be suitable for her due to the sweeteners etc or whether I should head out and try to grab some other stuff? Appreciate any guidance regarding the product suitability and any recommendations on dosages 🙂
D786789D-378A-424B-9505-7C36FB92A41F.jpeg

It'd be a good idea to get something with pymethrine to treat for lice and/or mites. DE has been tested and proven to not kill or repel lice or mites unfortunately. I'd hate for you to do all that work and use a product that doesn't work. DE can be harmful for anything with lungs so that's another issue with it. I certainly don't want to argue with anyone about this, so I hope my reply isn't coming across like that. I hope you get to the bottom of whatever is going on with you Muscovy ❤️

Like @CoriM mentioned, I wouldn't use it due to the artificial sweeteners. Sorbitol is worrisome for an animal, in my experience. I like to use fortified nutritional yeast. Some people use this, especially vegetarians, in their own food, so just in case you have some, it's got a lot of what they need plus it's tasty. Again, I wish you the very best with your Muscovy 💕

Last edited:
Thank you both- I really appreciate the response! I’m in the U.K. so I’ll have a look around/on Amazon to see what I can get that’s more suitable and won’t give her any of that sweetened stuff :) also really appreciate the info regarding mites/lice. Thank you again! 💛

Back
Top Bottom