Sultan Thread

81936_hpim0373.jpg

here is my sultan hen named clenliness

Here's my two 1 year old Sultan Roo's.
44723_100_4105.jpg

44723_100_4107.jpg

I couldn't find any from the local breeder I got them from so I broke down and got 17 sultan chicks from Cackle. They are so cute. I'll try to get some pics of them soon

I bought 2 Sultan roos and 1 hen yesterday at our local trade day. I am in LOVE with these sweet things! They are so gentle and sweet, and I love to hear them "coo" to each other. I've never had this breed, so I have a question for you Sultan pros: It seems as if my Sultans are so sweet that they are dumb..not really dumb, but childlike, if that makes any sense? For example, We put them in their run to get some exercise after being cooped up from the long ride home. Well, they couldn't seem to figure out how to walk up the ramp to the house to get inside to their food/roosts/water. So, we just left them and thought they would figure it out overnight when they were ready to come roost. Well, it rained all night, and my husband went to check on them and it looks as if they stayed all night in their run. He put them in the house, and they flew out and would have none of it! Is this common behavior for Sultans? I just want them to stay dry and get some food. Why won't they climb the ramp? I've had other chickens in this pen before, and they didn't have a problem with it. What's the deal? I'm perplexed!

Back
Top Bottom