SultanChicken won’t eat. Crop not changed for nine days with treatment

One month later! So often on this site I follow threads of situations, some life threatening .In all cases I’m so impressed by the time and knowledge the experts are willing to put in to help. I’m sure they have busy lives but are willing to walk through many of us ( the inexperienced ) with advise. In my recent case I want to to give a special thanks to Azygous , Wyorp Rock and Dobie Lover. My last attempt to clear Antoinette’s crop was the 3 day tube irrigation with Epsom salts. It helped some but A quarter size mass still remained in her crop. She was fairly perky and eating very small amounts. I thought in a couple of days she would become uncomfortable so I scheduled an appointment for euthanasia . I let her out to spend her final days scratching in the dirt and enjoying the freedom. Well she continued to improve and even with the crop mass she returned to her normal self! I don’t know if this “mass” will give her future problems but for this last month she has been given a chance at happiness . She is such a sweet bossy little bird. Even the large Barred Rocks give her respect! I thought those who followed my thread would like to hear a happy ending😊

Yes following your suggestion I did worm her. I used valbezen. I didn’t see any worms but repeated as directed. Thanks for the response. I’ve noticed you have been helpful to others also!

Yes following your suggestion I did worm her. I used valbezen. I didn’t see any worms but repeated as directed. Thanks for the response. I’ve noticed you have been helpful to others also!
Well I appreciate you following up that your hen survived. It was a mystery, I remembered that she had been holding on quite a long time.

Back
Top Bottom