Sumatra Thread!

Hi folks. Does this straight run chick from ideal look like a sumatra to y'all? Thanks.

that's kinda how mine looked... what type of comb does it have?
I ordered from them as well when I got my 1st pair last year.

Getting excited, with a months of bad luck we had to start from drawing board and abort the whole hen hatching her own chicks thing. Now I have five eggs in the fridge, a couple more and we will try incubating for the first time. My little girl can't wait to incubate and raise her own sumatra babies.

Getting excited, with a months of bad luck we had to start from drawing board and abort the whole hen hatching her own chicks thing. Now I have five eggs in the fridge, a couple more and we will try incubating for the first time. My little girl can't wait to incubate and raise her own sumatra babies.

In the fridge? Is that ow & where you store them until incubation? Dont mean to get off topic but I thought fridge temps would kill the fertility....Correct me if i'm wrong...thanks

It could, the fridge aint where to store them. But I have a friend that has hatched store bought eggs before. I keep mine in an egg carton, pointy end down/ fat end up and I rotate a lean from side to side twice a day. I keep this carton on a shelf outta the sun and kids hands
tongue.png

Last edited:
It depending on how cold the frigde is. I am not so sure on how cold it can get befor the stored embro dies. But I have a feeling that below 50 is going to kill it but do correct me if I am wrong. I do not know every thing

Back
Top Bottom