Summer 2012 Granny "Square" Swap (sign ups closed)

Betty-I have some contacts in the dog rescue world. Would you like some help here?

All these squares are great. Most of mine will be one color, a few will be two.

It does get exciting. Since I'm only donating and won't receive, I'm even more looking forward to pictures, including the finished products.

If you know anyone in my area that would be great. My husband won't travel very far to look for a dog. I have found one that meets all my specs and she's only 89 miles from here in the town where my daughter is moving to. When we go over next week we may stop by. I plan on e-mailing them to let them know I'm interested.

I have 35 blocks done so I think you can put me down for 3 sets. I haven't checked to see how many are signed up but I should have enough yarn left to finish up.

I picked up my quilt from the quilters today that is for one of my granddaughters. It came out so pretty. I took a photo and I'll post it as soon as I get it downloaded from my camera.

If you know anyone in my area that would be great. My husband won't travel very far to look for a dog. I have found one that meets all my specs and she's only 89 miles from here in the town where my daughter is moving to. When we go over next week we may stop by. I plan on e-mailing them to let them know I'm interested.
Betty- I checked my contact and there is a lovely dog available. I'll pm you with the details.

Betty-I've pm'd you with the details about the dog. I know you sometimes don't get your posts, so am letting you know, in case you don't.

Good Morning~

This morning I let my main flock out of chicken jail to free range. I've been sitting outside enjoying them and this mild weather. Taking me forever to post b/c I keep getting interrupted by chickens trying to steal a swig of my coffee or fight my lap top for my lap.
lol.png

Sunny~ Oh you know me soooooo well.
lau.gif
I worry as well about having time to complete 2 sets, but it's a great distraction to the many changes going on in my life at the moment. I have 13 of the 6" complete at this time, so it's time to try a new 12" or rectangle pattern, so we shall see how that goes. I'll keep you posted.

Beth~ Your squares are gorgeous!!!!
love.gif
I love them! WOW.... you have so many complete!!!! I think you and Betty are running neck in neck for being the 2 fastest hookers in the swap!
gig.gif
That's so awesome you have so many complete!!!

Cathy~ Woohooo....CONGRATULATIONS getting your first egg!
jumpy.gif
I hope your granddaughter did well at her competition.

Luna~ Oh I agree w/ Kassaundra that there is a definite need for simplistic 2 color or even solid 1 color squares to tie in all the busy pattern squares. So glad you can join us!
smile.png

HookedOnStitch~ Woohooooo!!!!
clap.gif
Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!! So glad you found the Perfect Plum. Now you are really ready to rock n roll! I really love that color!

Kate~ Awwwwwww...it just doesn't seem time for school to start just yet. I see many postings on FB from my teacher friends that just went back to work as well. My DD moves into her dorm on Aug 16th. Time seems to be really zipping by for me right now. WOW!!! You got so many squares done in such a short time!!!!
thumbsup.gif
Keep on hookin'!!!

Betty~ You are a hookin machine getting 35 squares complete already!!!!
clap.gif
So impressive!!!! Can't wait to see them. You do such beautiful work. I bet it won't take no time at all to get your daughter interested in chickens. They are so addicting!!!! That is so cool that there is a coop already on the property they want to buy. I see Althea has found a rescue contact for you. I hope it works out. Keep us posted on your search.
smile.png

Alethea~ Hi!!!
frow.gif
Can't wait to see a pic of your squares when you get back home.
smile.png

Ok it's time for me to finally get some work done. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!!

Back
Top Bottom