Summer 2012 Granny "Square" Swap (sign ups closed)

Good Morning~

This morning I let my main flock out of chicken jail to free range. I've been sitting outside enjoying them and this mild weather. Taking me forever to post b/c I keep getting interrupted by chickens trying to steal a swig of my coffee or fight my lap top for my lap.
lol.png

Sunny~ Oh you know me soooooo well.
lau.gif
I worry as well about having time to complete 2 sets, but it's a great distraction to the many changes going on in my life at the moment. I have 13 of the 6" complete at this time, so it's time to try a new 12" or rectangle pattern, so we shall see how that goes. I'll keep you posted.

Ok it's time for me to finally get some work done. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!!
LOL! Well we are very lucky to have you!
I posted photos a while back but some may have missed them so will post again.

So many beautiful squares!
Woohoo! Finally found Plum perfect!!! (went to a different Walmart than normal) im good to go now!!!!
YEA!
How many people are we up to?
With Betty's third set I believe we are up to 18. We might make it to 20 by the time tuesday is done. :)
I have 35 blocks done so I think you can put me down for 3 sets. I haven't checked to see how many are signed up but I should have enough yarn left to finish up.

I picked up my quilt from the quilters today that is for one of my granddaughters. It came out so pretty. I took a photo and I'll post it as soon as I get it downloaded from my camera.
Done. I added you for a 3rd set Betty. Thank you so much! You are amazing!
bow.gif
I'll look forward to that pic soon!
Thank you everyone for the encouraging words.
smile.png
I'm really getting excited about this swap!

My partner at work, his wife crochets and might be interested in doing the swap w/ us. She isn't a bycer, would that be okay? He is supose to let me know, just hoping he lets me know by the deadline, (I told him what the deadline was) but he is a man though and crochet isn't top on his to do list.
idunno.gif

Finally tried my first ever 12" square last night. This book I'm working from doesn't list the size of squares that the pattern makes, so just picked one that looked big. Using an I hook the pattern made about a 7 or 8" square, so I added on more rounds until it measured 12".

My partner at work, his wife crochets and might be interested in doing the swap w/ us. She isn't a bycer, would that be okay? He is supose to let me know, just hoping he lets me know by the deadline, (I told him what the deadline was) but he is a man though and crochet isn't top on his to do list.
idunno.gif

Jessica who is doing them with me isn't a BYCer either, she is my asst. at school in my Kid's Crochet Club.

I hate haveing to figure out written patterns!!!!!!!! Gives me a brain bleed everytime. I prefer the drawing patterns, but they don't publish those as often anymore. I have some old pattern mags that have them for the doilly type crochet. This one I saw the idea for the interlocking rings as a square, but couldn't figure out the written directions so just decided to take the idea and make my own pattern.

idunno.gif
I was gonna say exactly what Kate said! Luna is not a BYCer either but I signed her up with a page so she can post too.
Finally tried my first ever 12" square last night. This book I'm working from doesn't list the size of squares that the pattern makes, so just picked one that looked big. Using an I hook the pattern made about a 7 or 8" square, so I added on more rounds until it measured 12".

Those colors are great together!
Quote: X2! Love them!!!

The inner purple and white rows resemble tulips to me. Nice work.

OK, I've brought this over from the first post so that everyone can make sure that they are on the list and to check for any other errors etc. Kim was kind enough to point out an error to me earlier and, with the horrible internet service I have right now, I am getting bumped off-line (right in the middle of posting) often these days so please don't hesitate to send me any corrections!

Thanks! :)

2012 End of Summer Crochet SWAP Participants:

1. SunnyDawn - Sunny
2. Lealonna - Ada
3. Baustin/Desert Willow - Betty
4. Smitty's Farm - Kim
5. WriterofWords - Kate
6. KreativeKat - Kathy
- . Alethea - giving only (not included in count)
7. Jessica -
8. BtownChickMom - Beth
9. magnoliaky59 - Diana
10. MaineGigi - Cathy
11. HookedonStitch -
12. Casa de Luna - Luna
13. Kassaundra -
Kassaundra - (2nd set)
15. SunnyDawn - Sunny (2nd set)
16. BtownChickMom - Beth
(2nd set)
17. Baustin/Desert Willow - Betty (2nd set)
18. Smitty's farm - Kim (2nd set)
Baustin/Desert Willow - Betty (3rd set)

This brings our tally up to 19 total squares and an even 20 if Kassaundra's coworker's wife joins up. YEA!

I did get the LOVE rectangle done finally but I'm not sure I like it well enough to use as a pattern now. I've got to find my camera so I can take pics to show you all.

Back
Top Bottom