Superglue Baby and the chicks of Ghengis Khan

How about an update on the babies????

Still waitin' for those pics.
4.gif

ETA: Those of us that don't have Delaware's yet, but want them, would like to bask in the Delaware baby sunshine.
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OOPS! I posted a picture of Superchick on the Delaware thread - let me see if I can do it again here !
27529_chickens_11-26-2009_011.jpg

Little sweetie is doing great, just a little behind the others -

And here are a couple last Saturday, at about 2 1/2 weeks- I LOVE THEM!!!!!
27529_chickens_11-26-2009_015.jpg

They jump on my arm, look up at me, wait for me to rub there little chests, and generally get in the way. Lots of color starting to come in - I hope to get pics this weekend without the red light, then the markings will show up better.

They are adorable. Thanks for posting pics.

And the one I have that was injured like superchick is also behind in development. He was later to feather out than the others, and he's just now starting to get his tail feathers. (at 5 1/2 weeks old) He's not going to be a flock protector at all, but he is a sweety, so I'm going to keep him and see how he does as he matures. Hopefully, he won't get too beat up by my older hens when I do put them together.

new2chooks-
Yeah, Superchick is such a honey- lets me pet him/her, etc. that I may hang on to this one no matter what he/she ends up looking - just hope it's a she, it will make things easier. We have ends of wings and the hint of a tail starting- and are about 1/2 the size of some of the others- they just get to your heart, don't they?

Quote:
Yes they do. And if you decide not to keep her, you can just send her to me.
big_smile.png

I wasn't planning on keeping any BR roosters (I was just going to keep my 1 welsummer rooster), but I worked so hard to save him, and he's so sweet, that I just HAVE to give him a chance. Who knows, maybe he'll be the best darn rooster ever.

I guess I think if I keep referring to Superchick as a her, it might just turn out that way???? Wishful thinking??? Anyway, I hope the little darling stays well and turns out to be a prime example of what a Delaware ought to be!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom