Superior hatchery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
They are taking them to NY and OH auctions..... heard this first hand, so I guess they are "dispersing" them in a way.

I hope I get my eggs before they disperse them!​

It doesn't surprise me that they have decided to call it quit's at Superior, I have been there twice and the conditions were diplorable, as were many of the bird breeds, I saw many of Danny P's entries in some recent shows this year and they all looked half dead and two were even missing eyes, they still gained point's as they were the only ones of the breed there. Now I know many of you think this guy sit's at the right hand because he is a judge which has allowed him to work the system well, I for think he's a joke and it was only a matter time of before he ran it into the ground before they went belly up. I know that may seem a little harsh, but I made this observation first hand and I know if your a judge and you know that a certain entry is from another judge what the heck do you think will happen, LOL.

So for all of you that have orders in I think I would run as far and as fast as you can from that and hope you can salvage your $$$$. I only live an Hour away from the place so the talk in these parts is pretty up to date, and accurate. Good luck to all of you that have a vested intrest in this boondoggle.

AL

i here in okla and e-mail about something they where selling and when i look on their web site it wasing there and e- mail about it and never got a answer back it was about blue orp any was i got amerucana from rose and i love thems

Quote:
I am not touching that one...
cool.png
....they did enter some butterscotch call ducks at the Iowa show....they are the only ones I paid attention to and they all looked pretty good.

Quote:
Yikes....now do I hope I get my money back and not the eggs??!! I actually think it was on it's way into the ground before he ever took over and tried to salvage it.

I know if your a judge and you know that a certain entry is from another judge what the heck do you think will happen, LOL.

You don't "KNOW" any such thing. [BTW it should read you're not your] This is a constantly repeated myth & it's insulting. I have shown many times where the judges knew me & have not won. Conversely, I have judged many ckasses containing birds I knew to belong to other judges & have placed other birds above theirs.
This BS is spread by people who show crap birds & need a way to explain why they don't win.
As to Superior Farms I never visited but was told by people who did that they had beautiful facilities. I know they bought high quality stock to start with as they had judges doing the selecting & buying for them.
I also don't know Danny P but have never, before this, heard a bad word said about him.​

I do know a few of the breeders who do supply them with stock and yes these folks like Larry Dye, and Terry Britt who I have some birds from. These guys are fine and respected breeders, and good guy's to boot. As far as the whole judging thing, I don't show i have entertained the idea but really wanted to check to see if it operates the same way as all/any judged event where there is always surely some bias and favortism that cannot be dissputed.

I really wanted Superior to make it and thrive, it would have been great to have a quality hatchery so close, so I made a couple of trips up there to scout it out, and as I said I was just not impressed, Danny really doesn't spend much time there as the show/judging circut takes up most of his time.

AL

I became an Endowment Trust Lifetime Member (#195) of the APA in 1991. This is the first time I have heard anything bad about Danny Padgett. He is the current Director at Large. He is a respected judge.

This BS is spread by people who show crap birds & need a way to explain why they don't win.

I agree. I have seen folks get angry because their county fair grand champion was disqualified at a poultry show. They can't understand why their 8# hatchery Buff Orpington lost to a 10# Exhibition Buff Orpington. There may be a few judges that have a bad reputation, but most are honest and judge for the love of the Fancy. No judge can make a living at judging poultry shows. They judge for the enjoyment. It would be fun to get to be the one who compares every bird in a show. As a show clerk, you can see what the judge does up close and personal. Volunteer to be a show clerk. You will then learn just how difficult judging a show really is.​

Quote:
Thats great! He is bringing mine to me on April 3. We felt his and my driving was a bit better than the USPS. Since he is judging at Eldorado and I am about 45 minutes from there, well it was a good idea. Can't wait to get them in the incubator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom