Superior hatchery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Thats great! He is bringing mine to me on April 3. We felt his and my driving was a bit better than the USPS. Since he is judging at Eldorado and I am about 45 minutes from there, well it was a good idea. Can't wait to get them in the incubator!

I wish I was a bit closer....I'm about 4 hours away and the hubby would have a fit if I drove that far for eggs!

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
They are taking them to NY and OH auctions..... heard this first hand, so I guess they are "dispersing" them in a way.

Well from my conversation, it was NY and PA, but that is neither here nor there...they are going either way.​

Quote:
They are taking them to NY and OH auctions..... heard this first hand, so I guess they are "dispersing" them in a way.

Well from my conversation, it was NY and PA, but that is neither here nor there...they are going either way.

It is NY & PA.

well heck....I guess PA and OH sound the same or I have pregnant brain. I was excited because OH is driving distance to scout out the auctions.
I agree with the judges decisions 90% of the time, but I would never bad mouth a judge’s decision if I didn't agree with it.......not every judge will pick the same bird to win at every show….if you get second place this show you may get first at the next or third. I feel like I am in high school sometimes with all the bad attitudes displayed at the shows. Whatever happened to loosing gracefully and congratulating the winners? I cannot believe the example some of the adults set for the junior exhibitors, they should be ashamed of themselves. Same with some of these threads posted.

not every judge will pick the same bird to win at every show….if you get second place this show you may get first at the next or third.

Exactly right & it has nothing to do with a judge being corrupt.
In the first place there is a subjective element to judging. While there is a Standard that Standard has to be interpreted & applied. For example, what looks like a medium length back to me may look too short to someone else. Also, how a bird places depends a lot on how the bird presents itself at the time the judge is evaluating it. A judge can only spend a minute or two on a bird & if that bird is distracted, tired or about to lay an egg it's opportunity may pass.
On more than one occasion I've gone back through a class to pick champions & wondered at why I didn't place a particular bird differently. The bird looked better or worse than it did when I judged but a judge really can't start rejudging classes because it would never end.
I recall a couple of years back I had a Red Cockerel go best SCCL at a show. At another show 2 weeks later he placed 5th against largely the same competition. For some reason he wouldn't show that day.​

Have you ever noticed how busy a judge gets right after he is elected as a VP or President? Get ready Sam, lots of travel coming!

So when, what, where, how is the Superior auction?

Quote:
Greystone Auction Spring Breeder Sale, Manhein, PA April 10th will be the first one. I haven't heard what will be consigned but I'm sure it will be listed somewhere. Tom

If they were having it in Yukon or OKC area I'd be sorely tempted to go to it. I wonder why they're shipping the birds off like that. Must figure there will be more interest in those areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom