Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

@BelovedBirds Can you find the secret surprise
1679962738571.jpeg

what kind of duck are they? (sorry, I lost track)

some kinds will climb into water the first time they see it, others just want to clean themselves and drink.

The day I brought the Khaki Campbells home from the store I had a little take-out coffee cup 2/3 full of water for the drive home. The boy climbed into the cup as soon as he saw it. He never saw water he didn't love. The muscovy girls never saw mud they would resist putting their beaks into up to their necks (based on the mud on their heads)

they tend to make the choices... I just made due...
I think one is a Ancona and one is a Blue Swedish. I also will be getting 2 Welsh Harlequins on Friday hopefully. I have been waiting for them since Feb 15. They were suppose to arrive 2 weeks ago. Will it be ok to put them in with the others? As the others are 2 weeks older.

I think one is a Ancona and one is a Blue Swedish. I also will be getting 2 Welsh Harlequins on Friday hopefully. I have been waiting for them since Feb 15. They were suppose to arrive 2 weeks ago. Will it be ok to put them in with the others? As the others are 2 weeks older.
i would wait a little, let the babies get bigger, they grow fast and will do a lot of catching up in the first month.

@Isadora update update :)

what-s-up-w-the-eggs??? are they wobbling and pipping and squeeling in the shells?? (so excited!)

I just got back from cleaning the coop (one final clean and check on everything every evening before bed), I hung out with the ducklings so they get used to me being around, the mom keeping an eye on me... she still has me on look-don't-touch duty. I managed to cuddle two of them, but she sqwacks so much that they are afraid of being touched.

Funny, she does not object to her being cuddled, or the daddy, but the babies! sheesh! ;) (good momma!)

@Isadora update update :)

what-s-up-w-the-eggs??? are they wobbling and pipping and squeeling in the shells?? (so excited!)

I just got back from cleaning the coop (one final clean and check on everything every evening before bed), I hung out with the ducklings so they get used to me being around, the mom keeping an eye on me... she still has me on look-don't-touch duty. I managed to cuddle two of them, but she sqwacks so much that they are afraid of being touched.

Funny, she does not object to her being cuddled, or the daddy, but the babies! sheesh! ;) (good momma!)
Wiggling eggs and I heard Chirping ❤️

Wiggling eggs and I heard Chirping ❤️
yipppeeee ! (giggling quietly trying not to wake the sleeping)

i have no idea how you'll manage to leave

... also... you have realized... if you are not there.... and your spouse is... he is going to be the one on whom they imprint.

you will be the one who carries the water, sweeps up the muck and he is the one they will run to greet.

it is one thing to have them imprint on a momma duck, but quite another to have "daddy" be the one they love and you the servant.

I still vote for putting him in a dress and wig and sending him to the bridal shower... how bad can he look in a skirt?

Back
Top Bottom