Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Also my parent still keep half joking about killing the ducklings/chicks.
Why?? It always upsets me when people joke that way about my girls
I make the same face Dougie made in the picture I drew.
I make this face every single day.
In fact, I make that exact face in the morning while I drink coffee from my mug which has her face on.
I love that picture, and I freaking love that drawing!

Why?? It always upsets me when people joke that way about my girls

I make this face every single day.
In fact, I make that exact face in the morning while I drink coffee from my mug which has her face on.
I love that picture, and I freaking love that drawing!
Because they annoy them because “no one takes care of them” since it’s just the kids taking care of them, and we argue about whose turn it is. My mom also didn’t want any birds. Hopefully the arguing part will get solved, because I think it’ll be 2 of my siblings taking care of the dogs, me taking care of the ducks, and my sister taking care of the chicks. My mom also said wdym they could drown? What kind of duck can drown, doesn’t fly, and could get depressed when they’re alone?

They’re all the same- :oops::plbb

She

Exactly why I wouldn’t get them. My parents don’t do NEARLY as much research as me if any. Also we got all 3 from the same litter as “second gen doodles” but one we got was a runt and merle, even though neither poodles nor labs can be merle, so I don’t know if it was a “double litter” in which there were 2 males involved or something? But Smol Bean was the only merle in the litter also the runt. There were like 4 browns, one tricolor chocolate phantom (Nero - named by mom), a blue merle (Smol Bean - Named by twin), and an apricot (Jax - named by mom). We got the last 3. Still love ‘em though. I chose Nero.
View attachment 3446940
View attachment 3446947
At the breeders house
View attachment 3446954
Car ride home from picking them up
View attachment 3446953
2021 There’s like a 10 pound difference between each dog, I think it’s like 60, 50, 40
View attachment 3446959
Also sorry for the bad haircuts, my mom wants short body fur so they get dirty less, and doesn’t want to pay more for a better groomer.
Also still no email
I dont want to start a fight, but i choose goldens based on their personalities and now there breeder. Its the only dog that works for us. I have a opinion on doodles and im not going to say it, because it goes against BYC rules.

What kind of duck can drown, doesn’t fly, and could get depressed when they’re alone?
ducklings can drown, the feathers can soak up water when they have not been oiled yet. The feathers are not oiled by themselves, they need to coat them and normally that is something the momma-duck does for the babies.

Many ducks don't fly :) and some do just short flights

Ducks are very very social. They need light , clean air, company, and a flock. If they see you as part of the flock, they miss you and want to know you are ok. If they don't see you they are worried for you.

Last edited:
Because they annoy them because “no one takes care of them” since it’s just the kids taking care of them, and we argue about whose turn it is. My mom also didn’t want any birds. Hopefully the arguing part will get solved, because I think it’ll be 2 of my siblings taking care of the dogs, me taking care of the ducks, and my sister taking care of the chicks. My mom also said wdym they could drown? What kind of duck can drown, doesn’t fly, and could get depressed when they’re alone?
My dad jokes around about the ducklings, because of a FB post. I take care of the chicken, the ducks, and i get up with the dogs feed them, and take care of them till everyone else gets up, then take them on walks, and more. Maybe my brother and mom take them out 1 or 2 times a day, but its hard to train them all by myself because they dont listen to anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom