Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

I dont want to start a fight, but i choose goldens based on their personalities and now there breeder. Its the only dog that works for us. I have a opinion on doodles and im not going to say it, because it goes against BYC rules.
I like to think you and I are on the same page. We should each get a golden from the same litter 😆.

Oh does this mean that my friend's dog was AKC without other complications because of this?

Yes. It is my understanding that puppies that come from registered parents can register with no problem, and this is true for puppies that come from parents who have the ability to get registered, meaning their grandparents are registered, as long as the parents also register. I'm not 100% on this though, as I didn't bother familiarizing myself with the AKC registering system, since I won't ever need to do it

I like it!

Don't say that!! I'm a first-timer with broody ducks and tomorrow is day 10 or 11 so its candle day! I'm worried about them biting especially when I'm literally reaching in to take their eggs :oops::oops:😂

...But seriously, I was gonna ask y'all earlier today, how should I go about candling with the broodies? Do I need to at all? And if so should I candle only on day 10 and not again after that? @New duck mommy 2021

This is what my blue runner does to my mallard occasionally still, since they're both sitting on the nest. Sometimes when mallard shifts positions my runner bites and really really yanks at her head:barnie
I candled quacker's egg. Just tolerated her hurtful biting XD. Candling can help weed out bad eggs before they go boom.

I like it!

Don't say that!! I'm a first-timer with broody ducks and tomorrow is day 10 or 11 so its candle day! I'm worried about them biting especially when I'm literally reaching in to take their eggs :oops::oops:😂

...But seriously, I was gonna ask y'all earlier today, how should I go about candling with the broodies? Do I need to at all? And if so should I candle only on day 10 and not again after that? @New duck mommy 2021

This is what my blue runner does to my mallard occasionally still, since they're both sitting on the nest. Sometimes when mallard shifts positions my runner bites and really really yanks at her head:barnie
I do candle under mom to make sure
My girl is perfectly fine with my touching her eggs
Moms will usually toss any egg that’s bad before they explode but not always so if any are not growing or early to die I take them out

Back
Top Bottom