Pekin
Khaki
Pekin x khaki
Blue Swedish
Silver Swedish
Blue/ silver Swedish
Buff Swedish
So I have no idea what they will look like
Im sure they will be cute and beautiful either way!

My Males were only 4 months old when they started chasing and trying to mate with my Hens. Some seem to mature rather soon.
4 months seems like the norm, though, at least for ducks I've kept. I feel like these were exceptionally young when they drowned. They'd only been outside maybe 3 weeks, so just barely feathered, even.

Welcome to the world little one
This was such an easy assist
Leaving them alone to absorb till they are ready makes everything simple
I never had to moisten the membrane as I didn’t open her up till I saw the veins were gone ( was able to candle the front of the egg and see inside )
She was still a wet duckling never dried out
Membrane was still nice and moist
No bleeding
No cord
No yolk
But she did have a foot over her head and this is why she couldn’t hatch herself
She is now waiting for her siblings to finish absorbing
They are close maybe a few hours left for the other 2 that need help

Attachments

• F95DE43C-4C89-4C6C-8634-5B201B25DBBD.jpeg
    F95DE43C-4C89-4C6C-8634-5B201B25DBBD.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to the world little one
This was such an easy assist
Leaving them alone to absorb till they are ready makes everything simple
I never had to moisten the membrane as I didn’t open her up till I saw the veins were gone ( was able to candle the front of the egg and see inside )
She was still a wet duckling never dried out
Membrane was still nice and moist
No bleeding
No cord
No yolk
But she did have a foot over her head and this is why she couldn’t hatch herself
She is now waiting for her siblings to finish absorbing
They are close maybe a few hours left for the other 2 that need help
Had the same situation a few weeks ago. I had to assist 2 of my babies because they had their foot over their head, they didn't even pip on time so I pretty much did all the hatching for them 🤦🏻‍♀️
Thankfully they're all healthy today

Had the same situation a few weeks ago. I had to assist 2 of my babies because they had their foot over their head, they didn't even pip on time so I pretty much did all the hatching for them 🤦🏻‍♀️
Thankfully they're all healthy today
I had a few last year too and they are healthy happy over one year old birds
Many say weak ones need assistance but not always the case
Smaller eggs cause issues only for babies to turn but babies themselves are healthy

I haven't gotten any answers about this yet, so figured I'd ask here
Anyone ever seen anything like this?
20230330_183840.jpg

I found it close to a broken egg, it felt like a really thick membrane, perhaps somewhat tough and tissue like. Felt like a thin pocket of air, but when opened it had a couple drops of seemingly, egg whites
My gut is telling me one of my girls laid it, or it came from the broken egg (no clue how it broke). Anyone seen this before?

I haven't gotten any answers about this yet, so figured I'd ask here
Anyone ever seen anything like this?View attachment 3449900
I found it close to a broken egg, it felt like a really thick membrane, perhaps somewhat tough and tissue like. Felt like a thin pocket of air, but when opened it had a couple drops of seemingly, egg whites
My gut is telling me one of my girls laid it, or it came from the broken egg (no clue how it broke). Anyone seen this before?
Sure hope somebody has answers

Back
Top Bottom