Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
View attachment 3434390
May I also introduce you to an another little tyrant. Out of 10 Stella has be the worst. Do something wrong and she screams bloody murder at you…..seeing her little beady eyes coming to you enforces the worst fear a human can feel:oops:
They can be terrifying
This is the scariest photo of Sprightly I have:
20230104_110320.jpg

She was angry, I figured out why, immediately after this photo...
There's a duck cartoon on my phone case. Yes. A duck cartoon, of a duck in a raincoat and boots, in a puddle.
This was the face of "How DARE you bring that NEAR ME, THAT COULD KILL ME!!!"
I promise she was fine.

She has forgiven me, and I ensure I cover the cartoon whenever taking pictures of her.

They can be terrifying
This is the scariest photo of Sprightly I have:View attachment 3434407
She was angry, I figured out why, immediately after this photo...
There's a duck cartoon on my phone case. Yes. A duck cartoon, of a duck in a raincoat and boots, in a puddle.
This was the face of "How DARE you bring that NEAR ME, THAT COULD KILL ME!!!"
I promise she was fine.

She has forgiven me, and I ensure I cover the cartoon whenever taking pictures of her.
That’s her saying don’t you dare put me in a raincoat and boots!

View attachment 3434382
One of the little monsters…….:oops: Cleo has the sass and rudeness of a large horse packed into the body of a call duck. She’s also the most audacious and disobedient little thing. She also refuses to lay eggs…..
My horses are not as sassy as my ducks 😂

I didn't know what to make of the thread from the email notification. Now I find that it is gramatically correct and I'm responding to an already long thread by duck mammas and pappas who have been abused by their ducks. So many of us!!

This is Daffy one great fat loveable lump of ducky hooligan. He was snatched from the jaws of death at 2 days old -- I had my car heater on full in July in Florida, while I drove him home nestled inside my teeshirt. I fed him with crumbles and drops of water from my little finger every 10 minutes ALL NIGHT and only went to sleep once he was able to stand and eat crumbles and drink on his own in the brooder. I recognized he was a depressed lonely duck 3 days later and tried my best to find duckie friends of the same age -- nearest 4 hours drive away. That was too far to drive with a sick duckling in a box on the seat next to me [with the heating on full in July in Florida!] So I had him up on my dining table between my laptop and me, giving him so much attention and love -- lots of toys for enrighment: all dropped onto the floor for me to pick them up. At 8 weeks I got two ducky friends from a rehabber and that is when I think our relationship took a turn for the worse. He seemed friendly with the two newbies and even slept with his head and neck over one of the others. But that was to lead me on....

Now he has forgotten all about nibbly nibbly and its bitey bitey every morning when I go down the garden to let them out for the day. He comes straight out biting my ankles, calves and most painfull my shins. I am being punished for leaving him in the duck house with his now three ducky friends, and not letting him spend the night in the house.

Any time I go out in the back garden, he comes "running" if his fat wabbling from side to side can be called running and starts biting my ankles demanding attention. He wants a hand against his body inside his wing -- he really likes that best of all -- and his crop cooched. He's quite partial to his chest and belly being played like a drum. But most of all he wants to get in the house and this meanie duck mamma wont let him in!

Attachments

• 20230317_094015.jpg
    20230317_094015.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230317_102308(0).jpg
    20230317_102308(0).jpg
    803.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230317_102315.jpg
    20230317_102315.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210722_103537.jpg
    20210722_103537.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I didn't know what to make of the thread from the email notification. Now I find that it is gramatically correct and I'm responding to an already long thread by duck mammas and pappas who have been abused by their ducks. So many of us!!

This is Daffy one great fat loveable lump of ducky hooligan. He was snatched from the jaws of death at 2 days old -- I had my car heater on full in July in Florida, while I drove him home nestled inside my teeshirt. I fed him with crumbles and drops of water from my little finger every 10 minutes ALL NIGHT and only went to sleep once he was able to stand and eat crumbles and drink on his own in the brooder. I recognized he was a depressed lonely duck 3 days later and tried my best to find duckie friends of the same age -- nearest 4 hours drive away. That was too far to drive with a sick duckling in a box on the seat next to me [with the heating on full in July in Florida!] So I had him up on my dining table between my laptop and me, giving him so much attention and love -- lots of toys for enrighment: all dropped onto the floor for me to pick them up. At 8 weeks I got two ducky friends from a rehabber and that is when I think our relationship took a turn for the worse. He seemed friendly with the two newbies and even slept with his head and neck over one of the others. But that was to lead me on....

Now he has forgotten all about nibbly nibbly and its bitey bitey every morning when I go down the garden to let them out for the day. He comes straight out biting my ankles, calves and most painfull my shins. I am being punished for leaving him in the duck house with his now three ducky friends, and not letting him spend the night in the house.

Any time I go out in the back garden, he comes "running" if his fat wabbling from side to side can be called running and starts biting my ankles demanding attention. He wants a hand against his body inside his wing -- he really likes that best of all -- and his crop cooched. He's quite partial to his chest and belly being played like a drum. But most of all he wants to get in the house and this meanie duck mamma wont let him in!

Omg a muscovy keeper! How are they with flying and brooding? Do they need bigger ponds than "normal" ducks?

Omg a muscovy keeper! How are they with flying and brooding? Do they need bigger ponds than "normal" ducks?
My muscovy are all drakes and two of them are stinkers. One in particular never bathes and has to be hosed down when he gets too high. Daffy bathes about once a week. I like sandpits rather than kiddie wading pools as Daffy likes to perch on the side and sandpits are more robust!

Attachments

• 20230316_142726.jpg
    20230316_142726.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom