Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
I guess I am a glutton for punishment
20230319_150732.jpg

I think they see a difference between dirty with mud and dirty with poo though... At least I want to believe they do!
My girls definitely hate their own poop. When someone  cough Sprightly cough poops in the food dish, they both shake their heads in disgust. But in the water? Nah! It's diluted enough, simply adds to the flavour and brown-ness of the drink!

They truly are gross little birds

UpdAtE tImE

Been out there for about 2 hours, went to drain pond, mallard broody hissed and then ran. finally got settled again, then decided to go for her break, to find that the pond was near empty :th. Then she somehow squeezed into the male enclosure, males started harassing her:barnie, so I started chasing the males, and eventually my mallard and two males ran outside the run. As I go to chase them back in (all the while my mallard is hissing and quacking like crazy), the rest of the ducks run out. I finally get them all back inside, and then had to put more hardware cloth in where mallard slipped out at which point both broodies run into the coop

UpdAtE tImE

Been out there for about 2 hours, went to drain pond, mallard broody hissed and then ran. finally got settled again, then decided to go for her break, to find that the pond was near empty :th. Then she somehow squeezed into the male enclosure, males started harassing her:barnie, so I started chasing the males, and eventually my mallard and two males ran outside the run. As I go to chase them back in (all the while my mallard is hissing and quacking like crazy), the rest of the ducks run out. I finally get them all back inside, and then had to put more hardware cloth in where mallard slipped out at which point both broodies run into the coop
Oh the chaos!

Back
Top Bottom