Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
You :pop just want to hear about how I got slapped upside the head for your own voyeuristic pleasure! :lau

I know all of you do! (And we all know that is how this is going to go....)
Evening time is best
They are on the tired side
it may not hurt as bad lol

I used my harder one so you could see it’s not to bad
My easy ones never slap me around with their wings 😂
Dasher has got meds from me so often I don’t even have to hold her beak now she just chews the syringe till I’m done 😆 I
Aww
I had this with my childhood bunny. Vet told me how to force feed her medicine with the syringe... wasn't needed, she came running every time and ate it straight from the syringe of her own free will. Lol!

We should hand every grade school age child a duckling. They would have SO much to do, trying to keep up that they would not have time for anything else.
I have a few teachers that are friends and I give them my bator , eggs , brooder and everything they need to care for ducklings
I am hands on to help if they need it
It’s such a great thing for the class to see
Last year the one teacher put her phone on the bator glass and rigged it to the smart board. Every class and even the school board office watched the duckling zip and hatch
They have asked to do it again
April 19 she will be starting again for this years class
She keeps the ducklings for a week and even brought in a kid pool to class so they could watch them swim
I find buyers who are willing to wait to take the babies and allow the class to hatch before we decide how many eggs to do

My love, if an adult child spends her attention on caring for her ducklings (now ducks), imagine how wonderful that is to her parents instead of having to worry you are destroying your health with other things. I lost both my (older) sisters to drugs, and I wish I had lost them to ducks instead. The addiction to giving care and Love, that is worthy of giving your life.

Your parents may not know how lucky they are, but I am delighted to see you, and witness your capacity for love.

Keep your loves... They are so much trouble they will keep you out of bigger trouble
I sure wish my parents saw it that way!! Lol

I rescued a bunny from severe neglect last year and my parents treat me like I stole all their money, bought a car and then drove it into the ocean. I didn't even ask for help or money with her! It was all me lol
I got permission to bring her home, after them reducing me to tears with their distrust in me. And they haven't quit being upset with me since :idunno

Kinda hoping to move out this year, just need a stable income. The girls may have to endure being house ducks once again if I go down that road. Sorry that turned into a little rant!

My goose got me once with her big ole wing flap. Bent my glasses up really good. It was so funny when explaining it to the guy who was straightening them out for me.

IMG_20230323_100121_586.jpg

Yeah... One branch/arm broken clean off and the other bent all weird... Did it about 10 days ago. I have an apt on March 28 for a new eye exam to replace them... And yes, I will have to bring these and explain to a stranger that a drake did that to me with his wings.

Honestly I was so focused on calming him safely down, that it was a while before I realized I had lost my glasses and then saw what he had done to them.

Why wasn't I mad at him? (Sigh) because... Love... Always love (and clearly he didn't mean to or even know he had done)

We should hand every grade school age child a duckling. They would have SO much to do, trying to keep up that they would not have time for anything else.
When I was a child, my school brought a box of ducklings in for the younger years to see, just for the day then back to the farm.
I saw them through the door and I was so jealous! Ducklings seemed like the coolest most adorable little things and I was animal obsessed.
If only I'd known I'd grow up to hatch and raise two!!

I have a few teachers that are friends and I give them my bator , eggs , brooder and everything they need to care for ducklings
I am hands on to help if they need it
It’s such a great thing for the class to see
Last year the one teacher put her phone on the bator glass and rigged it to the smart board. Every class and even the school board office watched the duckling zip and hatch
They have asked to do it again
April 19 she will be starting again for this years class
She keeps the ducklings for a week and even brought in a kid pool to class so they could watch them swim
I find buyers who are willing to wait to take the babies and allow the class to hatch before we decide how many eggs to do
Such an incredibly experience for those kids!

Sorry that turned into a little rant!
That is what we are for. "Support Group", we hear you. We see the beauty inside you.

Honestly my mother didn't have time for me either... Now I am in my 50's and the only one who made my own way... A hard path, but one without self-destruction.

Find people who see you, let go of wanting to be seen by the blind

Back
Top Bottom