Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
Awww thats sweet. My ducks this year are hatchery ducks so that probably contributes to it. I remember my very first hatched duck a few years ago, he was the only one out of 10 eggs to hatch, but that made him imprint on me so much and everywhere I went he'd follow. I only had him maybe 3 weeks, though, since ducks get lonely without others around.
He would have abused you once he got hormone age
When they imprint on you it’s much different then when they imprint on another duck
That one from the video last night for the foot would follow me around and jump on my lap to cuddle when he was little but I got him at 24 hours old and he had already imprinted on his siblings. So he doesn’t act like the one that did
He is the little yellow one in this pic

Attachments

• 54F6AD9B-3708-4B18-965C-44038BF6AE1D.jpeg
    54F6AD9B-3708-4B18-965C-44038BF6AE1D.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
True, but the point is to be insulting for the duck so that every time he gets too abusive I can just say "yeah but your name's meat jerky" if I name the drake Donald that's an insult to me, because it's so unoriginal it will pain me to say it
Did you ever consider that maybe I'm on the ducks side??
@BelovedBirds I tthink your duck has been spreading its abuse gospel...
My babies are innocent!
I have now joined "the abusive duck group" mine are only a week old and i have been bit a few times. They think my hand is food🤣 luckily it does hurt yet! And they scream and yell if they dont see each other!
Welcome!! They do start young don't they :(
Clever little dictators

and it won't poo on you (or in your bed)"
Are you looking at me when you say that?? Because I swear they only did it like two times!
Ok, yes, I have had a duck named Donald ... Named by my spouse's granddaughter (she was 8) ... And
.... Turned out to be a hen, not a drake...

... And I loved her very much ❤️
I guessed when I saw the angry reaction 🤣 no offense intended!

Well considering the dogs didn't do the slaughtering nor did they know what they were sleeping on, just that it was more comfortable than the floor, I'd say it's pretty harmless. But I'm betting that this goose was aiming for the human, much less harmless
Humans are not harmless!
We are incredibly terrible
I shall also join the side of the goose!!

I’m quite disappointed. We’ve decided we should get four more ducks…. Like why not I already have 12 little wattle butt quackers out there. But the duck rescue near me doesn’t have any suitable females up for adoption right now! I even checked bordering states! Even called the farm stores to see if I could at least get some sexed female ducklings but no 😭 I feel attacked. No one wants me to have more ducks 😭🦆

I’m quite disappointed. We’ve decided we should get four more ducks…. Like why not I already have 12 little wattle butt quackers out there. But the duck rescue near me doesn’t have any suitable females up for adoption right now! I even checked bordering states! Even called the farm stores to see if I could at least get some sexed female ducklings but no 😭 I feel attacked. No one wants me to have more ducks 😭🦆
Do you have online ads like, Craigslist, or anything? I wonder if you could find some unwanted hens there?
Of ccourse you would probably have to quarantine them before introducing, I wouldn't trust most sellers.

Back
Top Bottom