Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
I don't kiss mine. They're not very friendly, anyway. It would probably traumatize them.
🤣 🤣🤣
Reading that almost made me fall off my bed. Genuinely.

My girls LOVE hugs and kisses. They relax and get the sleepy eyes. But they got smothered as babies so its understandable. If I got more ducks, I imagine they'd be too embarrassed.
Edited to add: only when visibly clean. And I have misjudged this several times :sick it's not that bad. Just a bit of pond water to make me ill. Boosts the immune system.

Mine did that too, I TRIED to show them the manufacturer instructions and tried raising and lowering the plate to see if they could be convinced but it was no use, so I just figured out how to keep poo out of the vents and gave in.

They were just so clever at finding ways to get on top there was no use in trying to outwit them.
Do you not have a way of covering it like with those plastic guards or is it literally impossible to get them to stop? 😂
Im curious, does anyone else give their ducks kisses? Or are y'all just boring and hygienic and stuff?
200.gif
In a perfect world, yes I would. But these are ducks, they never stay clean

🤣 🤣🤣

My girls LOVE hugs and kisses. They relax and get the sleepy eyes. But they got smothered as babies so its understandable. If I got more ducks, I imagine they'd be too embarrassed.
Edited to add: only when visibly clean. And I have misjudged this several times :sick it's not that bad. Just a bit of pond water to make me ill. Boosts the immune system.
Awwww :gigYeah all things aside mine would probably just kick and flap their wings.

🤣 🤣🤣

I got my runners when they were adults and they weren't handled much. I don't handle them now as it is unless they need an examination or something. Mostly I admire them from afar. And it's OK. I don't really desire to kiss them or anything. I enjoy watching them forage and the other silly antics they do.

Went to TSC today, I swear I wanted to buy out the whole store- ThEY ACtuAlLY hAd dUckLinGs. They looked like day olds, and I was just in there by myself, yknow? Nobody would know until I got home and the dictatorship begun!

Alas, I didn't. I know in the long run that would make things complicated because I will have ducklings (hopefully):fl in 22 days...plus my current ducks would teach them their dictator skills!!

Went to TSC today, I swear I wanted to buy out the whole store- ThEY ACtuAlLY hAd dUckLinGs. They looked like day olds, and I was just in there by myself, yknow? Nobody would know until I got home and the dictatorship begun!

Alas, I didn't. I know in the long run that would make things complicated because I will have ducklings (hopefully):fl in 22 days...plus my current ducks would teach them their dictator skills!!
But just look at their little bills!
IMG_3557.JPG

Im curious, does anyone else give their ducks kisses? Or are y'all just boring and hygienic and stuff?
200.gif
I gather them in my arms and smother them with kisses and they scream for help. Then I (keeping them in my arms) raise my head -releasing them from the kisses-, and they waggle their little bums and wait for more kisses.

My boy especially is an affectionate baby. (He was a few days younger when I got them ).

I got my runners when they were adults and they weren't handled much. I don't handle them now as it is unless they need an examination or something. Mostly I admire them from afar. And it's OK. I don't really desire to kiss them or anything. I enjoy watching them forage and the other silly antics they do.
They're very entertaining!
I have mixed feelings for the day I get more birds, on one hand I can't wait to see the dynamics and interactions. On the other hand, I may lose the closeness I have with my current girls- less need for mum once they have a whole gang to plot with!
Either way, I'll be happy watching and loving them all from whatever distance they want me at!

Back
Top Bottom