Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
She's been listening to this on repeat for about an hour... if it stops or there's an ad, she SCREAMS until the music starts again. My brother's jaw has now reached floor level

Oh my goodness too cute!
Mine were the same way, except when I sang. They'd cry and cry if I stopped!
Finished setting up the brooder! The waterers (small ramekins) are coming on Tuesday, so I’m just going to use one of the food bowls for now. They’re very cute cat bowls with a fish skeleton on them. The rubber shelf liners that will go between the baking tray and cooling rack are coming on Thursday, but they aren’t necessary. The washable/waterproof blanket is in the dryer (says to wash before use) and the brooder plate is heating up. I don’t know if I’m going to keep the blanket and duck stuffed animal in there full-time. Probably just for pics and holding them. Also set up my camera and cleared a space on my desk for pics. Going to try to take daily ones. They’re going to look like ants in there for like a day because the pool is so big. Im resisting the urge to name one balut. They come on either Monday or Tuesday, and I’m ready for them! I talk a lot.
View attachment 3445374
Awesome!! They have a Plush duckie and all! Lol!
You may want to swap the water bowls for a DIY waterer- I know a lot of people use containers with holes in the lid, so they can dunk their whole heads- but can't take a swim, lol!
From what I used, it also reduces water mess a little bit
Not sure if @New duck mommy 2021 has any pics of her waterers, I don't have any on my phone

Oh my goodness too cute!
Mine were the same way, except when I sang. They'd cry and cry if I stopped!

Awesome!! They have a Plush duckie and all! Lol!
You may want to swap the water bowls for a DIY waterer- I know a lot of people use containers with holes in the lid, so they can dunk their whole heads- but can't take a swim, lol!
From what I used, it also reduces water mess a little bit
Not sure if @New duck mommy 2021 has any pics of her waterers, I don't have any on my phone
Yep, someone told me they use the small ramekins for like a week and then use something else. I bought this: Sistema 1830 Klip It Collection Rectangle Food Storage Container, 101 Ounce (amazon.com)

I finally caught the little egg rocking on video
4 of the 10 are shadowing and pushing on the air cell ( not in it yet )
Air cells dropped fast and one egg was rocking to my whistling
Other 6 eggs by morning will be ready then full incubator lockdown will begin
Let’s see if this crew can let me relax and all 10 hatch without my help :)
It’s the top left egg. If you scroll in on that egg it’s much easier to see
Awwww! I get so excited at that stage, what happens? I wish they're as lively with hatching/zipping as they are during lockdown. I hope you have a great hatch rate!!:fl:D
Why do we all get so excited over little dictators 😂
Ducks have some kind of hold on their owners
It's because we forget 😆.
I think they come tomorrow :wee
Finally!!
I'm counting my blessings!
My girls are well behaved in... some areas.
I can leave the pen door wide open while "mucking out" their pen. Although, they do get in the way lol. They stay inside, or stand at the door and watch me. I have to step over them to get back in
If by chance they go to step out, I can simply call them back in or give them a nudge back inside.

So well behaved! (In only this scenario).
I'd love to let them out to go in the garden, but it's illegal right now.
Aww lucky! Mine will scurry away if I try to step over them or call them. Even though hatchery ducks are so much easier I don't think I'll do it again for awhile. I will say that my ducks are very well behaved obedient ducks when it comes to putting them to bed at night. As soon as I start walking down our yard at 6 they'll all start running down to the coop.

I did this with mine
Sure made things easier
I used small pet pen and made a wall with only one area in
I used a tarp under all of it so I would just clean up the tarp
Same with me, but to be honest these guys never fail to surprise. I always always somehow find poop and food stains on every place imaginable, including the walls of a cardboard watermelon box :th:lau

Oh my goodness thats beautiful though! I do agree I'm very jealous because we always get snow and we got none this year, not even a dusting! Hopefully next year will be better
That's funny... We had a very snowy winter this year. Not the top 5 of the last 20, but more more than less. I guess I got your snow. It is still out front, I could ship it to you.

But there are good sides too ... Everything stops (bugs, fungi, molds) and nature takes a nap... Things start again after a time. It is more planning but the seasons keep you conscious of the passage of time.
This is very true. I really appreciate both spring and winter (just wish there was a spring and summer without the bugs:rolleyes:)
OK that I get. BUTttttt, I did find a solution last year (not to brag or anything😌) down where the coops are its mosquitoe central. Last year with the aseel chicks, I'd notice that they'd bite the mosquitoes that had landed on my legs. Sooo, in all my genius, I picked up one of the chicks, and wherever I saw a mosquitoe on my body I'd let it peck it. Proud to announce the less mosquitoe bites came from when I was at the coops
Thats amazing! For us its kinda the opposite, but I wish I could teach mine to do this automatically.
Yup, it's lockdown in the UK
I personally dont think its necessary, bird flu is always going to be a threat. But at the same time I get that its meant to be a higher risk with this strain or whatever- for the past few months it's been getting super close, so I'm sticking with the lockdown.
Sure hope the main threat has passed by summer, I have plans to have picnics with the girls in the garden!
Wow, so does it affect your birds? I guess I missed all that...is that why they're inside right now and by law aren't allowed to come outside?

Back
Top Bottom