Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

yipppeeee ! (giggling quietly trying not to wake the sleeping)

i have no idea how you'll manage to leave

... also... you have realized... if you are not there.... and your spouse is... he is going to be the one on whom they imprint.

you will be the one who carries the water, sweeps up the muck and he is the one they will run to greet.

it is one thing to have them imprint on a momma duck, but quite another to have "daddy" be the one they love and you the servant.

I still vote for putting him in a dress and wig and sending him to the bridal shower... how bad can he look in a skirt?
Not necessary!
When Dougie hatched, she imprinted strongly on me, but because of that she felt comfortable with other people, and bonded a little with my mum
When I'd put her down, she'd run towards other people, until I called her and she realised that tall figure wasn't mama, oops! Then she'd run back to me.
If my mum had spent more time with her, I expect she would have bonded with her just the same.
I'm sure if they do imprint, they'll bond with Isadora once she's back!

In the meantime @Isadora have a great time away!! I'm sure everything will go fine!

i would wait a little, let the babies get bigger, they grow fast and will do a lot of catching up in the first month.
Thats what i thought. I was suppose to get them last week but they didnt come again. I will get another tote, but ill have to use a heat lamp. I will definitely seperate them, and wait tilk they are the same size.

yipppeeee ! (giggling quietly trying not to wake the sleeping)

i have no idea how you'll manage to leave

... also... you have realized... if you are not there.... and your spouse is... he is going to be the one on whom they imprint.

you will be the one who carries the water, sweeps up the muck and he is the one they will run to greet.

it is one thing to have them imprint on a momma duck, but quite another to have "daddy" be the one they love and you the servant.

I still vote for putting him in a dress and wig and sending him to the bridal shower... how bad can he look in a skirt?
Well, he won't look like me. He has a beard :gig

Back
Top Bottom