Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Since they lost weight and the air cells got bigger is it still a problem as long as they pipped inside the cells?
I’m not sure to be honest
They can get air but it will run out after a certain time and if they are upside down like I suspect they may not be able to external pip
I make my safety hole little that way I don’t have to moisten membranes or give them a blast of air but they can still get air inside
I have made safety holes in the past if it was 24 hours and babies still made their own pip and hatched themselves
These guys could still do this but at least now they won’t run out of air trying
If there is no change by morning tomorrow I’ll make the hole a little bigger to dime size then wait some more while they finish absorbing

My hope is they still figure it out on their own

I’m not sure to be honest
They can get air but it will run out after a certain time and if they are upside down like I suspect they may not be able to external pip
I make my safety hole little that way I don’t have to moisten membranes or give them a blast of air but they can still get air inside
I have made safety holes in the past if it was 24 hours and babies still made their own pip and hatched themselves
These guys could still do this but at least now they won’t run out of air trying
If there is no change by morning tomorrow I’ll make the hole a little bigger to dime size then wait some more while they finish absorbing

My hope is they still figure it out on their own
For sure, I'm hoping for the best for them. They should already know by now that you know what you're doing! :DKeep us updated too

For sure, I'm hoping for the best for them. They should already know by now that you know what you're doing! :DKeep us updated too
See I have had anything and everything happen in hatches but also had perfectly normal hatches
I thought I had covered all that can go wrong
These little dictators are testing me already
My last batch was so nice
Everyone did as they should and I got to watch many of them hatch
I guess when you sit with your face to the bator your likely not going to miss the hatches 😂
I can assist but I so much rather relax and watch the show

I might've missed this...what day are they on today?
Day 26/27
Daisy stared a few before I added more in
But she ditched the eggs after a week when I brought one of my other girls inside to deal with a foot issues
Emerald went in the crate sniffed the eggs and came out
Diva daisy was not happy and never sent back in
So after a day I brought them to my bator
Luckily this was in my house so eggs didn’t get to cold

Still don’t know which post office. Also do you guys think I should call them if they haven’t already started shipping by now? The hatchery is 1,300 miles away and I still haven’t gotten a shipping notification…
I haven’t bought shipped ducklings before but I myself would be calling as I’m a worrier

They called back and said it was like 1:30 there. They say they still ship birds late on Wednesdays. Online says they both the post office and Murray McMurray close at 5 PM even though they are 1,300 miles away… car would be 20 hours, plane would be 6 hours 30 minutes, so I have no clue how they’re going to get here on time when they haven’t shipped yet…

Back
Top Bottom