Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

of course... once you are the auntie... you can brainwash the little ones into helping with the ducks :)
I took this mission a little too seriously.
I accidently made my toddler niece obsessed with ducks. Duck plushies? Yes. Any TV show with ducks in? Only kind of TV that she likes. Sandwiches shaped like ducks? Yes! But she may hug the sandwich.

She runs around most days flapping her arms and yelling "duck DUCK DUCK"

I don't think there's any worry there, my ducks will never allow me to become rich. And if I did I'd probably just buy more ducks :oops:

But yeah a middle ground is pretty important. I vow to myself to never let anyone treat me badly again. But I also have to work on myself, trauma breeds trauma. Bad experiences can become go deep in your mind that you begin hurting other people, that's my biggest fear.
I'm sure all will be fine though, next time I'll let my ducks and my rabbit decide, they're better judges of character :gig
let go of any fear of hurting others. The fear could cause you to go to the other extreme and hurt yourself.

Just focus on paying attention, you are not a person who would hurt others if you noticed it.

Now go out there and let love come into your life. It is part of growing :) It isn't all about playing games with each other and hurting/being hurt... sometimes it is about playing games together and sharing happiness.

Yeah, todays a low of 55 and a high of 74, but when they’re coming it should be in the 70s. No snow ever though. It’ll be really short though and probably with a blanket.
View attachment 3448873
Also loose bows I’ll put on them for a minute if they don’t try to take them off for pictures. This is my picture area all set up.
View attachment 3448874
It sounds like fun, but don't forget that they are birds, not mammals, so they don't self-regulate their body temperature the same way. It is dangerous for them to catch a chill. Maybe you can do it with a little editing in the computer by putting pictures of the ducks over top of pictures of the outside? that way you can put them in funny places.

i let out an audible gasp when I saw the image and my spouse said: What? what is wrong? (actually worried, I guess the sound was something!)

I told him the good news and he rolled his eyes and went back to what he was doing... huh!

"but it's an egg! and it is hatching!" (pout)
There is truly something awesome about watching new life emerge into the world for the first time. No idea about anything
I found it especially beautiful with my ducks. The fact ducklings hatch and look up, all exhausted, wet and clueless about the world, but putting complete trust in the first thing they see.
Dougie was so tired of being stuck in her egg that it was over an hour before she settled and slept. Seriously. Over an hour. She wanted to stand and stretch and try to walk. After she'd walked, eaten and drunk a little, she settled under my hand and slept.
She's been eager to get on with life since the day she arrived, lol.

It sounds like fun, but don't forget that they are birds, not mammals, so they don't self-regulate their body temperature the same way. It is dangerous for them to catch a chill. Maybe you can do it with a little editing in the computer by putting pictures of the ducks over top of pictures of the outside? that way you can put them in funny places.
I wouldn't mind doing it but only if they were imprinted. If they happily settle down in body warmth, they can have frequent breaks from the cool air.
But visits outside should be brief anyway at that age, even in fair weather, it's not that warm and you gotta be careful with outside dangers

I beg your pardon, I might bot like khaki cambells but I am a very peaceful person
it isn't about a breed or an esthetic preference, it is painful because you are talking about someone's baby.

You may not think the boys are pretty, because you think the color is plain. But if you looked closely at the feathers you would see the colour is not smooth all over the feather, it is a pointillism (like the George Seurat paintings of impressionism), billions of tiny dots of color spread over the tiny fibers of the feathers. It is a perfection I have never seen before. I wonder if this is what began things like the school of mosaics that created all those works of art. (tiny dots of ceramic glued together to create immense paintings)

sometimes we do not see beauty because we don't look closely enough, that is how love allows us to see someone's beauty when other people see their surface and not appreciate them the way we do.

I took this mission a little too seriously.
I accidently made my toddler niece obsessed with ducks. Duck plushies? Yes. Any TV show with ducks in? Only kind of TV that she likes. Sandwiches shaped like ducks? Yes! But she may hug the sandwich.

She runs around most days flapping her arms and yelling "duck DUCK DUCK"
that sounds like a delightful child! I don't see a problem.

Back
Top Bottom