Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

I don't know where you heard that but Runners aren't any different than other ducks as far as getting worms. The only difference is they are taller than other domestics lol I have never seen worms in my ducks poop. I have seen roundworms in my chickens though.

I do worm all my birds together becasue they all eat together. It's my chickens that actually need the worming though. If I only had ducks and they were kept like most of us keep them []not in horrid conditions] I'd most likely not worm.
I use a herbal wormer from Molly's Herbals.
Thanks so much. When I have read about Runner Ducks online one of the problems they list is that they carry worms. That is where it came from. Evidently the article did not know what it was talking about. It will no longer get below 50 here at night and will be 89 on Thursday during the day and is really getting hot so the little ones since they are now a month old are moving into a sectioned off part of the duck pen where they can see the others but no one can get to them. I know they will be happy outside and my trash man that has had to get rid of 600 puppy pads over the past month will be so excited!!! LOL I will miss them inside. Watching them grow has been so much fun. I am still not 100% sure about boy and girl but the one still has the peep and the other the quieter quack so hoping for at least one girl. Time will tell for sure.

I don't know where you heard that but Runners aren't any different than other ducks as far as getting worms. The only difference is they are taller than other domestics lol I have never seen worms in my ducks poop. I have seen roundworms in my chickens though.

I do worm all my birds together becasue they all eat together. It's my chickens that actually need the worming though. If I only had ducks and they were kept like most of us keep them []not in horrid conditions] I'd most likely not worm.
I use a herbal wormer from Molly's Herbals.
Thanks so much my friend.

This last egg at the school is really giving me a run for my money
Day 32 yesterday went in at 2pm fully expecting to find a dead egg
Instead I see a bruise and a baby moving still
Listened and could hear him scratching the egg
I made the safety hole and will check baby again today at 11
We set the bator beside the brooder so he could hear his siblings
How on earth is this happening
These eggs were set April 25
Siblings all hatched may 23 and 24

Attachments

• FB8FD965-5668-4318-9CC0-6D8BD804FF74.png
    FB8FD965-5668-4318-9CC0-6D8BD804FF74.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
This last egg at the school is really giving me a run for my money
Day 32 yesterday went in at 2pm fully expecting to find a dead egg
Instead I see a bruise and a baby moving still
Listened and could hear him scratching the egg
I made the safety hole and will check baby again today at 11
We set the bator beside the brooder so he could hear his siblings
How on earth is this happening
These eggs were set April 25
Siblings all hatched may 23 and 24
I have had one take many days past due before and be just fine. I think it is a cooler spot in the incubator that causes this. Good luck with this little one.

A day ago Bee left one of her eggs out again probably all night as it was cold and covered in dew when I found it at sunrise.
After warming it up I could see movement so it was alive, but I was skeptical of it’s survival. I checked it tonight, no movement and the insides are far more liquid and “jiggly” than before.

On top of that bad news the idiot looks like she put a fine crack into the other developing egg. 😔

I have had one take many days past due before and be just fine. I think it is a cooler spot in the incubator that causes this. Good luck with this little one.
Thank you
This teacher has her own bator so I’m not familiar with how they work
It’s a good brand but every bator can have issues
I have brought the egg and my bator home as we moved them to mine at hatch
Hers is just a tiny brinsea mini 2
I have a little giant so they have room to hatch and stay in longer
I did open baby up more to find the beak and found the membrane that covers the air cell over his face and lots of goo
I had to open him more then I wanted to clear the nares and remove the goo but now he has been able to slip into the air cell so has more room
That was about 12 hours ago
Baby is chewing and yawning
Absorbing as I can see the veins are going down
Hopefully by morning we will be ready to hatch
For now he is safe in his egg
I have the humidity higher then I normally do but with that much open I want to make sure we are staying moist

Attachments

• 6D87F586-29B5-4278-99A1-CB8F72F978C7.png
    6D87F586-29B5-4278-99A1-CB8F72F978C7.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Thank you
This teacher has her own bator so I’m not familiar with how they work
It’s a good brand but every bator can have issues
I have brought the egg and my bator home as we moved them to mine at hatch
Hers is just a tiny brinsea mini 2
I have a little giant so they have room to hatch and stay in longer
I did open baby up more to find the beak and found the membrane that covers the air cell over his face and lots of goo
I had to open him more then I wanted to clear the nares and remove the goo but now he has been able to slip into the air cell so has more room
That was about 12 hours ago
Baby is chewing and yawning
Absorbing as I can see the veins are going down
Hopefully by morning we will be ready to hatch
For now he is safe in his egg
I have the humidity higher then I normally do but with that much open I want to make sure we are staying moist
I must have had my humidity too high for my Mule duck as when it hatched it was full of goo. I was able to wash it gently under warm water and get it all off and then put it in the brooder under the light to dry and it is a huge duck now a year old. They tell you not to wash them but I didn't have any choice as the goo covered it terribly. Good luck with this precious one.

Back
Top Bottom