Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Well bad news
I looked for hstching signs
Day 26 I saw a tiny yellow mark but thought it had been there previously
Day 27 in the morning both still moving
Air cell never dipped forward and no shadowing
A few hours later I checked and veins were gone already
I opened the egg as quick as I could found the beak had got through the membrane and was directly under that little yellow mark
Both were gone but still warm
I tried ti revive them but couldn’t
Dang I messed it up again at hatch
I’m use to big bruises darker ones
Unfortunately not only did we loose the babies but my friend lost the mom 2 days before
They were perfectly formed
I let them down :(
One was 3/4 absorbed the other was about half
Im sos sorry

Twins dont usally make it, but i was hoping for the best

Well bad news
I looked for hstching signs
Day 26 I saw a tiny yellow mark but thought it had been there previously
Day 27 in the morning both still moving
Air cell never dipped forward and no shadowing
A few hours later I checked and veins were gone already
I opened the egg as quick as I could found the beak had got through the membrane and was directly under that little yellow mark
Both were gone but still warm
I tried ti revive them but couldn’t
Dang I messed it up again at hatch
I’m use to big bruises darker ones
Unfortunately not only did we loose the babies but my friend lost the mom 2 days before
They were perfectly formed
I let them down :(
One was 3/4 absorbed the other was about half
I'm sorry :hugs
They were beautiful

.... So the Ducklings from tsc...

ARE DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER DUCK I HAVE EVER HAD.

They're incredibly shy. They don't want to be with in 10 feet of me... (Unless I have treats).

They run towards the flashlight, at night... Until they figure out I'm behind the beam, and then they run away. (This is the opposite of my other 30 ducks)

I am still pretty sure they're kahki's... They just behave very differently than my other kahkis.

They're just now starting to flock with my other ducks, and they've been outside (and therefore in the same coop at night) for a week.

The entire situation is throwing me off my game.

Is it possible to treat-train them to stop shting in their water bowl?

I gotta change it way too many times daily.
Even if they do, they're still going to eat dirt and throw it into their bowl. I'd suggest worrying about them having enough water to drink more than if it's super clean. (Still change it once a day, but after that... Make sure there's enough to drink)

They swim around in ponds and poop in them all day. They don't understand why it might be a problem.

Edit: I haven't tried it, but you might find this helpful
Screenshot_20240416-133540.png

Even if they do, they're still going to eat dirt and throw it into their bowl. I'd suggest worrying about them having enough water to drink more than if it's super clean. (Still change it once a day, but after that... Make sure there's enough to drink)

They swim around in ponds and poop in them all day. They don't understand why it might be a problem.

Edit: I haven't tried it, but you might find this helpfulView attachment 3803068
This is just what I need..

Well, a few hundred pounds later... and my ducktators have a grand new set up!

Before:
IMG-20240309-WA0070.jpeg
IMG-20240309-WA0067.jpeg

And after:

IMG-20240427-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20240427-WA0005.jpg

It's very almost done, and I'm very happy with it!
I swapped out the old run down coop for a better house- and I took the blue plastic pool and replaced it with a more natural looking pond, complete with a drainage system! I'm thrilled. And they're loving it!

When your ducktators gave you the specs did they also ask for a Swan for a body guard? ;)

it all looks great!!
There's two, had them for years, they're meant to float on ponds- but the girls wouldn't be thrilled about sharing, so they continue to sit in the garden 🤣
Not like we need them anyway, we have real Waterfowl now :gig

Back
Top Bottom