Sure hope a kombucha scoby doesn't kill 'em!

Quote:
Thanks! They'd better be, or Anne will kill ME.

LOL! I will really hope hard then! Crossing all fingers for ya!
lol.png

Quote:
Okay, but we won't have a mother until next week; the hens just finished...
BTW, you can only use clear glass containers, nothing else. The depth of the kombucha in the container should not be wider than the radius of the scoby. Walmart sells the perfect two-gallon, wide-mouth container for about $14. It has a glass lid, but you must never use it; it has to be able to breathe, so cover it with a cloth.
http://www.nutrition4health.org/nohanews/NNW97KombuchaTea.htm

I'm next in line!!! I wanna try this, too!!! How much does it cost to make??? Is there a certain type of tea to use??? Will shipping it work?

Quote:
Check the link in post 12. It answered your questions and mine
smile.png

I think I'd like to try some before I go through the effort to make it. It might be something I'd rather not drink every day. And Dh has said I can't have any more pets
gig.gif

I don't think he'd agree that this is more of a house plant. Since it lives in a jar I'll get accused of having an aquarium...

Quote:
Quote:
Check the link in post 12. It answered your questions and mine
smile.png

Yours should be ready in two week if all goes well.

I think I'd like to try some before I go through the effort to make it. It might be something I'd rather not drink every day. And Dh has said I can't have any more pets
gig.gif

I don't think he'd agree that this is more of a house plant. Since it lives in a jar I'll get accused of having an aquarium...

You can buy a bottle of it in almost any health food store. It has a vinegary taste.
To make a gallon, it costs the price of seven black tea tea bags and two cups of sugar.

MissPrissy and Cjeanean, I'll mail a scoby to you in a quart jar with a tight lid on it along with the two cups of starter; you'll have to buy the two-gallon jar, unflavored black tea teabags and sugar, and have it ready to start using.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh. I so couldn't do this. I know I'm supposed to be crunchy granola and all that and goodness knows I could be healthier, but I just. can't. do. this!
barnie.gif

Do you plug your nose when it goes down so you can't taste it or does it taste okay? I don't think I could get past the texture of it.

Last edited:
Hmm...I don't like beer at all and have never tried a martini. hehe So I won't know what I'm missing. ;-) Do they sell those kinds of things in health food stores? I need to go get some arnica tomorrow for my lovely bruised arms and will look if so...just to say I tried it. hehe

Back
Top Bottom