Sure hope a kombucha scoby doesn't kill 'em!

One of my co-workers today admitted that she's on a kombucha kick & loving it. Nobody knew what it was.

Except me!
lol.png

Quote:
Oh Lord, that looks like something my DH makes all the time... when he 'forgets' a cup of coffee with milk and it turns :eek:

Quote:
Glad it's working for you. Personally, thought, I would not use anything that had a spigot, especially plastic. I've read several times that the kombucha will react adversely with plastic.

Quote:
Yeah, they're still kicking. I doubt though that I will ever do that again. They must have liked the taste and gotten used to it though because day before yesterday was super-hot, so I poured them a bowl of Kombucha over lots of ice cubes. You'd've thought I was throwing a cold-beer party for them.
I'm not sure that they drank so much because they liked it or because it was ice cold.

Hey all..
I am exhuming this dead thread..
big_smile.png

SO.. Any dead chickens from a healthy SCOBY yet???

I fed it once, and I am preparing to do it a second time...

Just want to see if any one else is still using Kombucha with their chickens..???

ON

ok TOTALLY exhuming this dead thread yet again.

Gave my chickens a chopped up huge SCOBY today and I swear if they had lips and tongues they would have licked that plate clean.
tongue.png

I had way too many scobys and I couldn't dare just let them go to waste. The rest of the extras will go in the compost tomorrow.

I made a *wonderful* kombucha with white tea (organic "Peony" brand). Now I'm experimenting with a jar of Rooibos tea (African Red Bush) and honey, as I read somewhere it could be used to make a naturally caffeine free kombucha.

Has anyone else experimented with Rooibos??

BTW, I found out the hard way that apple cider vinegar with mother culture *can't* be added to kombucha ferment. It turned my whole bottle to vinegar and attacked the scoby.

Back
Top Bottom