Surprise, unexpected chick!

SilkieCharlie

Chirping
Mar 26, 2017
Hello!! Three weeks back I bought 6 silkie eggs. We candled day 7 and day 14, they were very dark, I could barely see one vein but left them all under my hen. (Which was strange as my first batch were so so so easy to see through, but they were extremely unhealthy!!)
There was also a bullet shaped one, I WASN'T very hopeful for this one... Today is day 20 and we were surprised with 4 little chickies!!:celebrate
4 have hatched, including the bullet shaped one!! A 5th has pipped :love
But my question is, these were silkie eggs and I have been surprised with a different breed. I'm unsure what it is, it's deffo a bantam though.
Here's a photo, the little guy is in the middle! It has pink feet, a pink beak, black and white body! :hugs Thanks
20180514_175518.jpg

Attachments

• 20180514_175518.jpg
    20180514_175518.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 12
It's adorable, whatever it is! I see a crest. Can you ask the seller what else they have?

Not pure Silkie for sure. 5 toes? Feather legged? Could be a Silkie cross.

What are the possible parents? Do you have any idea?

I got the 6 "silkie" eggs privately. On the ad it said either silkie or duck eggs to be sold. Also indicating the colors of the silkies (white, splash, grey and black). No mention of others types of birds.
I've done some research and am wondering if it's maybe a polish chicken. It has pink legs, I haven't counted the toes yet. Will check it out more tomorrow! ;) I'm not too bothered it's not a silkie, it looks pretty adorable!!

Back
Top Bottom