Surviving Minnesota!

we had some egg-citing news yesterday.  I have pullets hatched in June that most had come into laying.  Well, we had ordered 2 buff polish to keep my dd's one company (no it isn't working either) but they both laid their first egg yesterday!  What are the odds of that happening?!  My DDs were so excited they have been waiting since Feb. when we got our first round of chicks for their girls to lay eggs.  They could hardly contain themselves!  So we have a pretty assortment in the egg carton.  All shades of brown, some green/olive and now white. WOOT WOOT

First eggs are always so fun!! Congrats!

Ooohhh Maybe Coffee is selling the house by the terrible neighbors and buying a farm up here in Nowthen? If not, you should! it is a great place to be, and you can have all the chickens you want!
big_smile.png
(enabler here)

How exciting for you and the girls! Yey!
wee.gif

No one should move to Nowthen when Orrock has lots of farms and acreage for sale!

Do any of you know how to caponize a bird?

I am thinking of having Ginger fixed... Because of an eye defect he might have according to Kevin Porter.

There are tons of threads on here showing how and I have browsed a few and it looks pretty intense but doable if you knew what to look for... at least on a chicken.

I think MCM has done it with mixed results

Yeah was thinking it might add to their egg laying frequency. Basically end up with an EE equivalent cross breed.

Can you tell that I am thinking about spring breeding/hatching??
smile.png

It is on...

I got my first two Creamette eggs this morning, that went into the hatching pile!!

Chicks on the 21st of Jan!!!

I am so glad that I have not caught the incubating/hatching bug from you guys!!! Seriously!! But I fully support and enable you in your decisions!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom