Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    I am somewhat interested in doing sprouts for the birds. I will be seeing how things go for you and maybe dabble in it my self if things seem easy enough. Will you need to put the sprouts in sunlight?

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I also am interested in how this works for you,,

My Creamettes know it is Christmas!

They have blessed me with more Diamond Encrusted Eggs than I have ever gotten on one day before!

I got 3 eggs for the 10 hens....

When I figure in cost of feed, building materials and electricity. those eggs ran me about 1200 bucks apiece!

I am so blessed by them...

3. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I didn't want you all to think I have forgotten about you. Happy Holidays and best wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year! May you hatch/raise more pullets than you need and may every cockerel be well behaved or taste yummy!
    Theri

3 people like this.
  4. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Merry Christmas All! I hope you are all enjoying your time with family or without :)

Look what my hens gave me for Chrismas! 2 real screamers. The white one is a Jumbo leghorn egg for reference. 2 different hens on the same day.

[​IMG]

Also, last night MIL gave 2 dog beds to our dogs as hand-me-downs since she got new ones for her dog. Well dixie couldnt even wait to get home to enjoy them haha. She loves laying on that bed when we visit. We are driving home and next thing i know I couldnt see Dixie in the back seat of the car. Here is where i found her in the far back :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    @Bogtown ChickHi I was just wondering what cross or breed the roo is on your first post because he reminds me of mine who was supposed to be an EE/buff pullet. [​IMG]

6. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Huge eggs, poor girls [​IMG] I hav'nt checked eggs yet this morning, the girls got live mealworms last night so I suppose they've laid some special eggs for us, haha! Dixie loves that bed :) how sweet.

7. Now those are some double yolkers!!!

8. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I am making deviled eggs for a family gathering today and I am tempted to boil them. I haven't boiled a double before

9. The picture of the recipe looks so nice I just printed the whole thing.

Those candles are fantastic too. And the dog is a hoot.

1 person likes this.
  10. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Merry Christmas! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by