Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Ahh that was the problem half German Cursive.....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    This looks great! thanks for posting it!

I'm half German as well, is your other half Swede like me? if so, sorry! [​IMG] lol

Great couple of days, exhausted now, time to relax for a few. Didn't get the coop cleaned today, pushed till tomorrow morning, hate doing that, but i'm exhausted.

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

3. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    We had a great Christmas. But it is not over we have one more day left, tomorrow.

I smoked 2 chickens for tomorrow. We are going to our sons, weather permitting. Because of his FIL's stroke we are making all the food and bringing it there. We asked them if they wanted to pass on Christmas this year and they said " no, but it would help if you could cater it": So we are catering.

We just put the smoked chickens into a roaster and set them in the car overnight. Fridge is out of room. Glad it is below freezing outside so we can use the car as a fridge.

I think we should have a smoked chicken party! I so love my smoked Chicken and turkey..

BTW BC ,I blew up the recipe off the first picture and had already printed it.....But thanks..

I just felt you needed a little Christmas ribbing!.....

4. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    @holm25 great story and photos on the carousel, go go go! [​IMG]

5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Ralphie, you know how to rib well. You're probably the only one I would allow to rib. Lol miss grumpy here. Ha. No it's good for me.

Oh God Cluckies. I'm 1/8 swede, and 3/8 Norwegian. But the strawberry blonde really shows it's colors sometimes and the ditzy swede shows up a lot. Hahaha. No offense to Swedes as I am one obviously and it IS well known or stereotyped in Scandinavia that Swedes are not readily known for high intelligence.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Also big congratulations to holm getting chicken pic of the week on the home page carousel. I believe that's his splash Cochin roo Zeus. Nice photo and good work @holm25

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Grats Holm!!!

SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW..

I have to go plow will talk later, Am Drinking mu coffee so I can get through a quick plow.

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    How did you do all do on snow?

We got 5-6 inches of light fluffy stuff,

9. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Morning, we got about the same here Ralphie, I had no idea it was suppose to snow. Since DH and I aren't planning to go anywhere, my guess is we'll wait to plow or shovel when it is done later today. My girls are funny, they think the snow is acid or something, not gonna touch it, lol

Well, my dad is doing good so far, he got that CRT-D a couple weeks ago, so we are heading to the VA on Tuesday for a check up, hoping it is not snowing Tuesday, the drive from here, to Cokato, to MPLS could be a bugger if it snows [​IMG] Hoping for good travel weather.

On that note, a very close friend of my Papa's got killed in an accident a few days ago down on the Iowa/MN border, very sad. I guess it was icy roads and he lost control of the truck. He was belted in, but still didn't make it. very sad. He was traveling to Missouri to see family and friends for the Holidays. [​IMG]

Well, I cleaned the coop, now I better go take a shower, ttyl

10. Printed it again. Thanks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by