Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    They all look nice and healthy and I wouldn't worry about it with four of them snuggled up in there they should be nice and toasty. Just relax it will be fine.

2. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Just
    just tried again.. If that didn't work I will get on the computer later and then try

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Coffee Want me to get my grand daughter to help?

My brother called and we were talking how those little kids can handle the Iphones better than us oldsters,,,,

Kloppers I think Darwin is south and west from here about an hour and a half.

We are talking about going to Togo on New Years eve for a couple days. Maybe I could bring a turkey or two with for wolf bait.

1 person likes this.
  4. Lame Blizzard. We used to measure snow falls by how well you could see across the street.

5. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Yeah definitely not the 18" the county was talking about. We probably got 6" tops. We do however have some crazy drifts. Maybe 2.5-3' in some places. Fortunately none of those were on my driveway. Plowing was much less eventful this morning. My truck could definitely use some new wiper blades though!

6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Something still up with washing machine. I did an empty barrel test run. Then a full load. Then a second... Which then stopped in a sopping heap. It's the pump itself or some other issue in which I now throw my hands in the air and loosen the icy grip on my check book. Dammit.

Kloppers getting unstuck and snuggling pups is a good state of affairs for certain. We've tried Sadie Mae sleeping outside her kennel a couple nights but she likes to sleep between our legs on the big bed and she's still sneaky with her indoor basement piddling. DH has informed me if she doesn't mind the kennel... She can stay there for her sleeps. I myself would like to get the kennel out of the living room. She gets spayed January 13th. One thing at a time I guess.

I don't think we got any snow... To dark yet to see yet and I'm still snug in bed.

7. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota

I doubt you did. Looks like only south of the cities got any.

The night time pidles suck but I love when my dogs sleep between my legs! I let them under the covers and the snuggle down in and it is so toasty warm. Makes it hard to get out of bed!

2 people like this.
  8. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie, Togo for New Years Eve? Now that would be a redneck celebration wouldn't it?

Coffee's gentleman friend going to Ralphie's boot camp may result in Coffee looking for a replacement? As he is likely to fly the coop!

No snow near Duluth last night thank goodness, as my wife and son are tired of plowing. I would move to a more hospitable climate, but that would mean a new wife. I don't want to go that route as it takes so much time to get a wife properly trained.

Hope all are looking forward to New Years Eve and the New Year. Ralphie, make sure to take extra Mike's to Togo, as there is always the possibility to get stranded for a few extra days.

1 person likes this.
  9. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    We got less than 1/4 inch. After all the hype on the TV and radio by the weather experts I am disappointed. It appears weather forecasting is not really a science.

2-3 ft drifts WOW Kloppers,,,,,,

BC, This is probably a dumb thing to suggest, but have you checked the hose to the drain, all of it. It sounds like a sock or lint raggy crap in the hose. That can cause a machine to perform unreliably. Or the check valve is shot, or like you said the pump.

Poor Sadie losing her chance at motherhood!!!!

BR I love dogs sleeping in bed with me, however, someone else, who I shall not name that sleeps in the same bed hates dogs in bed. She wins way too often on these important things.

10. Cyrus83

Cyrus83 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    good morning people.

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by