Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    BR they ARE some pretty city girls. Lol. Love it.

Well the washing machine crapped out again! Tonight. So so disheartening! Oh gosh Loretta! I can't believe we were in the same boat!!! Ha! So DH made walleye dinner tonight and DS helped me take apart the machine again. I should have taken the extra step to check the water pump impeller. Not just the boot. 87 cents came out after we removed that second connection. Right now my second load of laundry is going strong. Phew. DS knows how to fix washing machines like his mother and DH- who prepares wild game better than me anyways- admitted that he would like to be the man of the house again. lol. I said, " well dig in!"

Kloppers I've been in those snowballing situations too. Sucks. But then you work it out and you're all the wiser and stronger for it.

2nd ivermectin treatment went on the flock at roost time. The screamette let me have it when I picked her up. The hens looked really really good. Tootsie though --- still crawling with pepper flakes yet. Yuck. So we'll just keep at it until he's good. Poor bird. I of course wonder about the creamette egg production being affected by this too. I'm almost certain this was a problem for my layers this summer and fall. Live and learn.
    Humbling business-- chicken keeping.

2 people like this.
  2. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    It is frustrating because that darn snowmobile is broke more than it works haha isnt that always the case?!?! I am over it now. It is amazing what an hour of puppy cuddles on the couch while watching the snow fall out the window can do for you [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Glad to here your chickens are doing better Ralphie.
    WTH is going on there. Got the Southside Tom Gang going down on the West Side CXs? Sounds like one fowl Westside story. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    [​IMG]

How can you not love this face!

4 people like this.
  5. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    So check out these 'trickle down animal economics' haha

MIL gets new dog beds and gives our dogs the 'hand me downs'. Our old dog beds go down to the kittens who LOVE them haha
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

It will be a problem no more. I like my turkeys but I will not let anything hurt my Toads and CX's. you know from camp day I am a tad protective of them right up to the time they become human food.

I have been reluctant to kill the young Toms. They are a little smaller than I want. My DW and I can get by on a small turkey. Some will become sandwich meat. Attacking the CX's and Bert Jr Signed their death warrants. I have freezer space. Unless someone buys them Saturday they will be going to camp, (weather permitting). Some guy answered my Craigslist ad last night wanted "some Turkeys" I asked how many and when and never heard back from him. Craigslist can be a pain.

I love the dog and cat pictures. We seem to be huge animal people here.....

And BC was there an underwire in the valve too?? lol

7. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    I will send u a private message

8. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I might be up to Darwin to see a truck this week. Maybe I could take a turkey or two...
    Never mind just looked at Google maps. Darwin is not nearly as close to you as I thought.

You know Darwin... The city with the giant ball of twine!

9. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    I think the private message went through I sent that using my iPhone so I'm not sure just let me know

10. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I'm not seeing anything. Will keep watchinf

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by