Surviving Minnesota!

Most of that list is true! The bigger the mower the better! Also add a chainsaw to the list.

In actual seriousness if you need a plow truck my S15 will probably be for sale soon. It is nothing fancy but does its job. If your man friend is handy with cars it would be a nice cheap option as I would give you the friends and family price
smile.png

OH MY!!!

How did I forget the chainsaw! Also a heavy duty weed wacker. I have 2 a light duty cheapie for light lawn work and a heavy duty Stihl for small brush and trees.

Oo yes a brush cutter for sure! Like my 'widow maker'! You won't have weed issues because they will all run in fear!

When I put the "saw Blade" on my Stihl, heavy duty 30 year old weed wacker, I created a whole new name for trees.

Aspen trees were known as simply Aspen or Popple. When I put the saw blade on they became known as "quaking Aspen" because of the fear it instilled in them.

Well it's already 9 days out -- time for cootie retreating. Everybody is looking really good though! Crazy how good. I'll get 'er done though and maybe even a third on Roger since he had them so bad. Will check. And then a dreadful coop clean out...in the middle of a snow storm apparently. Of Course.
I think I'll sprinkle Sevin in the corners none the less. or in the shavings.

Ralphie: Sorry to hear about the Turkeys beating up Bert and Girls. It's no fun when there's a lack of harmony in the flock. That's when those tough decisions get made. I think That's been happening on farms for a good many years when you think about it. Isn't it? Somebody gets sold or turned into lunch.

My Little BA has her sneezes back in this colder weather. She is feisty though and when I bring the Boss and Scratch. She comes out of the run into the snow and walks with me like a puppy dog and -- in front of me too! She's SO friendly and healthy otherwise. Smart as a tack. I just have a hard time finding a reason for whacking her for the sneezing. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on her overall health and make a tough decision with her this spring if there's no eggs or what have you. Gosh I like her though.

So 9 degrees outside this AM and the thermometer with the 150 watt flat panel and sparkly bubble wrap Reflectix. Coop was at 25 degrees. Poop frozen on the ground. I have cracks open in the windows for venting still. IDK...I think I'm okay with this stuff. It was about -5 last night for low temps. The whole winter is an experiment though I've decided. Since it's such a weird one.
They are predicting 5 inches of snow, here tonight and tomorrow.

Yeah. A person forgets about all the equipment you need just to keep things looking good and keeping your road open...etc, etc. She definitely needs a John Deere mower/tractor and she may as well get the snow blower attachment. And of course the .22. Looking at those beautiful buildings in that nice piece of country she'll have critters wanting at those birds.

Well it's already 9 days out -- time for cootie retreating. Everybody is looking really good though! Crazy how good. I'll get 'er done though and maybe even a third on Roger since he had them so bad. Will check. And then a dreadful coop clean out...in the middle of a snow storm apparently. Of Course.
I think I'll sprinkle Sevin in the corners none the less. or in the shavings.

Ralphie: Sorry to hear about the Turkeys beating up Bert and Girls. It's no fun when there's a lack of harmony in the flock. That's when those tough decisions get made. I think That's been happening on farms for a good many years when you think about it. Isn't it? Somebody gets sold or turned into lunch.

My Little BA has her sneezes back in this colder weather. She is feisty though and when I bring the Boss and Scratch. She comes out of the run into the snow and walks with me like a puppy dog and -- in front of me too! She's SO friendly and healthy otherwise. Smart as a tack. I just have a hard time finding a reason for whacking her for the sneezing. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on her overall health and make a tough decision with her this spring if there's no eggs or what have you. Gosh I like her though.

So 9 degrees outside this AM and the thermometer with the 150 watt flat panel and sparkly bubble wrap Reflectix. Coop was at 25 degrees. Poop frozen on the ground. I have cracks open in the windows for venting still. IDK...I think I'm okay with this stuff. It was about -5 last night for low temps. The whole winter is an experiment though I've decided. Since it's such a weird one.
They are predicting 5 inches of snow, here tonight and tomorrow.

Yeah. A person forgets about all the equipment you need just to keep things looking good and keeping your road open...etc, etc. She definitely needs a John Deere mower/tractor and she may as well get the snow blower attachment. You had to go there??? A nice Farmall H would do the trick better... And of course the .22. I cannot believe we forgot this, and a .410 to scare away other predators... and a shovel for those that fit into the SSS program.ooking at those beautiful buildings in that nice piece of country she'll have critters wanting at those birds.

All my CX's are alive this morning and seem to be doing better. I am think shock was in effect last night. I gave them a bunch of treats today, Corn BOSS and Oats. I know the oats will never be eaten, but I feel like a better chicken owner when I give them oats....

Only one Creamette egg so far today. 3 to go (fingers crossed)

You'll get there Ralphie on your Creamette load. Cute little birdies.

Fiona was staring at me from the roost today...I suppose waiting for me to leave so she could get down. But she had the cutest! Big Eyeballs looking at me. I wish she was bigger and her eggs too ...and not so dang fickle.

OF COURSE, I'm going to encourage the best for Coffee and tell her about Green Machines. Gee...do you think she'll want to be repairing everything too?!
tongue.png
roll.png
lau.gif

Last edited:
Coffee you forgot a few things you need...

Tractor
Snow plow
trailer
bobcat
loader
large mower
rake for tractor
huge roto tiller
lots of fence posts
wire
game bird netting
ATV
Pear trees ( I need pears)
Apple trees
rhubarb
gopher traps

You got a "slave" moving in, that helps. Way cheaper than a hired hand.........This is a good thing.

I think you need to enroll him in Judy's Pig castration class
OMG ...LOL....

Most of that list is true! The bigger the mower the better! Also add a chainsaw to the list.

In actual seriousness if you need a plow truck my S15 will probably be for sale soon. It is nothing fancy but does its job. If your man friend is handy with cars it would be a nice cheap option as I would give you the friends and family price
smile.png
hummm Maybe....does the plow come with it???

hummm Maybe....does the plow come with it???

Yep! The truck isn't anything fancy and I wouldn't really consider it a road going vehicle but it plows well enough and makes a decent farm truck. I bought it to plow my farm and am upgrading to a larger truck for summer time rock hauling.

Of course you can say no without hurting my feelings :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom