Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    yea im forced to watch it now that i have a BF... maybe i should trade him in already,,,LOL

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    That is the same bird with a flash and without and a tad of lightening of the picture so his colors show. He has the blue egg gene, He is very young.

3. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    That is so cool! Sounds like you found a fountain of knowledge!

I would not bring her in unless she losses alot of feathers, sometimes they have a heavy molt, sometimes a light molt. If you bring her in you won't be able to put her out until it warms up as they get acclimated to the inside temperature. Hopefully she'll squish between the other hens for warmth. Do you have heat in the coop at all? I had one molt last year when she was 9 months old, she did fine, but I did have heat in the henhouse she went into at night.

They are lovely and are really digging in!

Hahaha! that is so cute and funny, she looks so much like my Fi! [​IMG]

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Coffee, Judy wanted me to share this.

She found a long lost movie of you as a baby, before you became the chicken whisperer..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Here is to a good day today! I don't know what all of you guys do for a paycheck but at my job the first week of the new year can be nuts! We have to close out and tabulate all last years financials. It can go smooth but usually there is something that needs at least a little help. It can also really hit the fan. Hoping for the best!!

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Good Luck on a good week Kloppers.

Was the trap empty again?

I really want to process turkeys this week. I need to get rid of some Toms. Judy and I looked at them yesterday, they are just not filled out enough. We have never eaten a heritage turkey. So maybe we are expecting more breast than we will ever get.

JJ is a smaller turkey but seems to have a breast. Sidekick is a larger bird and even at 20 months seems to have a breast but it is not huge. I suppose I will just have to clean one to see what they are like. It is not going to be good for Penguin, he is largest. Even if he is not the oldest. ( I am not counting Porter in this as he is actually Coffee's and he is larger).

I am leaving for the north country in about 15 minutes. I am as excited as Coffee with her new egg! I am getting 2 Partridge Chanticler hens from EJB! Ed is going to be making chicks with pure blood lines instead of the mutts he had last year.

I am seriously thinking of getting rid of all the single comb birds the frost bite just stinks!

7. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota

A trip north AND new birds?!? How lucky. Once you get your Chanticler line going, I will knocking. I really want some too!

Empty trap today too. Must have been a wandering vermin. Or too smart! I forgot to put my camera out. I will keep setting the trap though.

8. Coffee 1st

Jul 31, 2015
    Ohh I want one.. The chicken NOT the baby...

1 person likes this.
  9. Coffee 1st

Jul 31, 2015
    Finger
    . Fingers xx'ed for u...

10. Coffee 1st

Jul 31, 2015
    Ralphie u better leave my Porter Alone.. Put a big Red bow on him so he doesn't accidentally gets in the mix.. Good luck on the new birds...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by