Surviving Minnesota!

Can any one recommend a poultry butcher on the Range? Might drive as far as Duluth if the prices are right. I talked to Mr. Shermer in Cook and he does not do geese. I need someone that does chickens, geese, and turkey. Any leads would be helpful!! TIA!!

Can any one recommend a poultry butcher on the Range? Might drive as far as Duluth if the prices are right. I talked to Mr. Shermer in Cook and he does not do geese. I need someone that does chickens, geese, and turkey. Any leads would be helpful!! TIA!!

I think they still do them at NERC.

North east regional Juvenile center it is just north/east from 53 south of Independence so not that far for you to drive.

The Northeast Correctional facility does it, but I really know nothing about price or scheduling. It has been my thought that it is seasonal and needs to be scheduled well in advance? They are located just North of Duluth.

For those with questions related to poultry genetics, showing and other information the best source of quality info is jerryse. He can run rings around me without even trying I am sure. I know enough to be dangerous on most subjects, which my DW will definitely attest to.

Ralphie, I think an extended visit with coffee (the drinking kind) would have been enjoyable. The other type of Coffee may have added to the discussion, but you would be the best judge of that.
I was surprised to learn how many on this group are in relative close proximity to Ralphie. It makes it so much more convenient for you to avail yourselves of his wonderful seminars, apprentice opportunities and counseling sessions!

The Northeast Correctional facility does it, but I really know nothing about price or scheduling. It has been my thought that it is seasonal and needs to be scheduled well in advance? They are located just North of Duluth.

For those with questions related to poultry genetics, showing and other information the best source of quality info is jerryse. He can run rings around me without even trying I am sure. I know enough to be dangerous on most subjects, which my DW will definitely attest to.

But you at least knew what my "transgender" chicken was, is....

Ralphie, I think an extended visit with coffee (the drinking kind) would have been enjoyable. The other type of Coffee may have added to the discussion, but you would be the best judge of that.
I was surprised to learn how many on this group are in relative close proximity to Ralphie. It makes it so much more convenient for you to avail yourselves of his wonderful seminars, apprentice opportunities and counseling sessions!

It amazes me more do not just pony up the completely reasonable tuition fees and make use of them!

Can any one recommend a poultry butcher on the Range?  Might drive as far as Duluth if the prices are right.  I talked to Mr. Shermer in Cook and he does not do geese.  I need someone that does chickens, geese, and turkey.  Any leads would be helpful!! TIA!!

There is a guy in Brainerd that does waterfowl.

There is a guy in Brainerd that does waterfowl.

Or you could skip the middle man and just throw the waterfowl in the garbage can without the expense of cleaning them before you throw them away.....

gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom